cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you had any of your credit card limits lowered by your credit card companies? See the results of this poll.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you had any of your credit card limits lowered by your credit card companies? See the resu

Don't really care if I they do.  Ratio $0 balance to 10k limit is the same as $0 balance to 5k limit.  They did raise my interest rate from 4% to 6% recently.  Still don't care ;-)   I almost wanted to drop them just cause they're being pills, but, it's my oldest card and I didn't think that would be good for my credit.

-----------

TU: 794

EQ: 788

EX: Who knows? 

Message Edited by boilerette on 03-16-2009 05:44 PM
Message 101 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you had any of your credit card limits lowered by your credit card companies? See the resu

No, but I got one worse.  I had not used my Macy's card since they were actually separate from a dept. store named Foley's.  On 3/15/09 I called to get a replacement card and I asked what my current limit was.  The rep told me and took down my address and told me my card should be to me within 7-10 days.  Here it is Saturday 3/21/09, mailman came, dropped off my card, i call to activate it and they closed it!!!!  Such crap!
Message 102 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and did I mention that JC Penny's just doubled my credit limit for no apparent reason?!
Message 103 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a apply for JC Penny's many times in the past and was decline. I apply the other day just too see if they would approve and guess what! I was approve for a $2000 limit. I could not believe it and the card arrive in 3 days. I am addict to my credit cards that's why I pay my bill faithful. I stop using Amex, but uses my capital one card whenever I am out of town. They increase my rate by 2% and increase my credit limit. Didnt understand why that happen but my limit was not reduce.
Message 104 of 140
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

Re: Have you had any of your credit card limits lowered by your credit card companies?

Message 105 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far I have had two of my cards reduced.  I have a FICO score of 816, and a perfect payment record.  I never have unpaid balances.  The newest one (one year old) was reduced by $3500.  The other one (7 years old) was cut by $13,000, in half.  I charge on this card every month,  pay the balance in full, and am never late.  The only thing I can see is banks are also practicing age discrimination with their best customers.
Message 106 of 140
middleaged

Re: Have you had any of your credit card limits lowered by your credit card companies?

Yes.  AMEX reduced me 19,500 to 14,600.   I had never missed a payment.
Message 107 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luckily, I still have not had any limits lowered, across any of my 12 cards.
Message Edited by Mike14 on 04-15-2009 05:36 PM
Message 108 of 140
eyesopen
Valued Member

Just got another one lowered - my balance due is $0.00 - no lates -  utilization is lower -

This is crazy.

EQ=724 4/09

EX=716  3/09 (Yes, you can still get this score directly through EX)

TU=719  3/09

Starting Score: 647
Current Score: 813 - 830
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 109 of 140
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

eyesopen wrote:

Just got another one lowered - my balance due is $0.00 - no lates -  utilization is lower -

This is crazy.

EQ=724 4/09

EX=716  3/09 (Yes, you can still get this score directly through EX)

TU=719  3/09

Sorry to hear that.

And I hate to tell you, but the score you get directly through EX is their FAKO.

If they have somehow changed things, please screenshot what they're showing. As far as I know, you can't get a FICO from EX, only a "credit score."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 110 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.