cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of these resources provided by your bank or credit union has been the most helpful for managing your credit? See the results of this poll.

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Which of these resources provided by your bank or credit union has been the most helpful for managing your credit? See the results of this poll.

Do you have a favorite time and money saving feature offered by your bank or credit union? Anything you know of not listed in the poll? Anything not being offered by your bank or credit union that you'd like to see?

Please vote in the current poll and share your thoughts about some of the credit management resources currently being offered by banks and credit unions.

Thanks to all of you who contribute to these poll discussions!

Poll results:
* Online bill pay? (52%)

* Online banking? (44%)

* Monthly newsletter? (0%)

* None of the above? (4%)

Total Votes: 25

Message Edited by Barry on 06-19-2009 10:08 AM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: CURRENT POLL: Which of these resources provided by your bank or credit union has been the most h

Online bill pay, hands down. I pay most of my CC's from the CCC online site, but everything else comes from online bill pay at my credit union.

It also has a great website, very user-friendly, stress-free online banking, easy to move funds around, easy to find transaction history, including pending payments, deposit from home using a scanner, all the goodies. I've never laid eyes on the physical site (USAA in San Antonio.) It's not really a CU, but it works a lot like one.

edit to add: I did think of something --there's a credit union in Pennsylvania that has started giving its members one of their FICO scores (think it was Experian.) And it seems to be a classic one, not one of the doofus-y credit card enhanced scores. If USAA started doing that, it would be perfect. As it is, they offer the Experian CreditCheck Monitoring, but its the PLUS score, big whoop. Nothing particularly wonderful about giving consumers access to FAKO scores, especially when I know that they pull FICO EQ's and EX's for their decision-making.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-06-2008 11:48 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: CURRENT POLL: Which of these resources provided by your bank or credit union has been the most h

I like that Chase offers mobile banking.  I can check my balance & recent transactions by text, which is good for me, because I'm very OCD about checking my balance.  It makes me feel like I am more in control & better able to avoid (or at least stay a step ahead) of thieves & hackers, not to mention my own occasional overdraft.

While some people might say this isn't very secure, checking your banking info by text message, I don't think I'm risking anything.  I can even set up alerts to tell me any time a transaction occurs, so it's pretty safe IMO.

If Chase offered me access to one of my FICO scores, I would be in heaven!

Message 3 of 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Ilike BOA. I use online banking, bill pay, My Portfolio, mobile banking and e-mail notifications. Helps very much.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 12
cam006
Contributor

I guess it would have to be the online bill payer.  I didn't use to use it because there was a service fee, but now things are starting to reverse.  Several CC's and utility companies have a fee to pay at their sites or on the phone and the cu's bill payer is free.  They have a monthly fee if there's no activity on the bill payer for 90 days.
7/11/08: EQ: 635, TU: 658, EX: 607
10/10: TU 634, EQ 626, Ex 626
9/14/2012: TU 622, EQ 660
10/16/2012: TU 731, EQ 706 - finally on my way!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

shared branching. i belong to a dozen cu's and only 3 don't participate. for the other 9 i can conduct transactions in real time just like i would in person almost anywhere in the country, and all i have to do is find a participating cu.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online banking/bill pay without a doubt.   There are almost too many benefits to list.
Message 7 of 12
MattH
Senior Contributor

Online bill pay, I particularly like to sort the list of my creditors by date of last payment to check who has not been paid in a while.  If it's been over three weeks since I paid somebody I call their 800 number to check my balance and pay it.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 8 of 12
umbrellagirl

Bank Of America has the most outstanding program out the keep the change it's better than any bank out 

yes stand up on it and clap your hands cause change adds up now every penny that i get i deposit it and yes it adds up without my knowledge and unlimited bill pay no fees with hello kitty an betty boop debit cards or your favorite sports team I Love the alerts it have of my every day balance

pls let me no if you open up and account there we both can get 25.00 each

Message Edited by umbrellagirl on 12-19-2008 09:03 PM
Message 9 of 12
Henrietta23
Valued Member

Online bill pay plus being able to earn dollars for dollars spent.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.