Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Apps on EX -at Once or few hrs/days intervals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 10 Apps on EX -at Once or few hrs/days intervals

Double pull & Ramifications = total Annhilation for two years since applying even if Aa is affected i worry about attaining success with this app spree that way i get most cards i want with very good enough SL n won't bother apping for the next two years.
Yes this is for DW & took me two long years just to b ready to begin an App Spree for DW.
Scores in the 740's no new account in two years Aaoa 4.6 yrs one Synchrony card with $3k limit & that's it. Nothing higher in CL than 3k. Wishing 7k to 10k+ SL's n I go to gardening for 2+years
Message 11 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

hi

If i did not have one medical collection i m so very desperately waiting to be removed from EX i would be on an app spree today.

I have need/urge to apply for

Chase CSP

Chase UnitedExplorer
Amex ED

Discover

Costco Visa

SDFCU

Wells Fargo

BBVA Clear Points
Cap1Savor
First Tech FCU

i been lurking around long enough reading posts to know what order should i be applying. just debating whether to do it all at once take whatever i can get and garden or seek more systematic process of apping to get the most approvals.

What could possibly go wrong...OP there really is no gentle way to approach your question. It's a truly terrible idea, and if you've lurked long enough, you know this. Order of apps does matter. There will be SP after the approvals (if there are approvals). 

Anyway, there is only one way to find out. It would certainly provide interesting DPs for the next 90 days or so. 

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, no one should really “prepare for an app spree”, but to each their own.

DW has one card on her profile now (a store card with a $3k limit)? I’ll go out on a limb and say the approvals that you’ll get will be few and far between and not at the limits you are looking for.

Even worse that you’re about to blow up someone else’s credit profile - even if it’s your DW’s. She stands to have some success in building a strong credit card line up if you’d handle it with ease....
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would suggest applying for the 10 cards and then add a card from Barclays and at least 4 cards from Comenity.

I would assume that the OP is unlikely to apply for a Barclays CC based on their previous thread. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/barclays-just-disgust-me/m-p/5419317

TY Fin as I remember this now.  I think I'll duck out of this thread already after the previous thread.  Nothing good will come from my responses.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That dang BARCLAY's. I still am P*S*ED about it.

But this is DW's so never had one nor has one been applied for on DW.

FinStar, you can say i have it blacklisted until they approve me again in 2 years after this inquiry from Nov 2018 is off.

I m not going to stop trying to app with BARCLAY's card, however, once i get a BARCLAY's CARD i will want it cutoff and never used. ..lol

meaning CLOSED.

thats it. that will pour RAIN over my burning agony of BARCLAY's.

Message 15 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  I am finding it very strange that most people are taking your (dire) financial situation more seriously than you do. 

Makes typing to help you somewhat pointless. 

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

wouldn't you want all your apps made be in & near of their dates (meaning Apr 27/28 all 10 apps) and a year from app their inquiry is diminished but if success is made over getting 5 out of 10 cards from your app spree you feel darn good.

5 out of 10 is SUCCESS

1/2/3 CARDS out of 10 is MISERABLE.

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wouldn't you want all your apps made be in & near of their dates (meaning Apr 27/28 all 10 apps) and a year from app their inquiry is diminished but if success is made over getting 5 out of 10 cards from your app spree you feel darn good.

5 out of 10 is SUCCESS

1/2/3 CARDS out of 10 is MISERABLE.

No. 

Also, others seem to be taking his DWs financial situation more seriously that he is. Just shaking my head...

You’ve had lots of advice. Take it or leave it. Good luck. It will make for some entertaining reading after you’re done with your plan, if nothing else. 

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, i will take everyone's advice & opinion into consideration but i like Joe's recommendation the most.

"JUST DO IT". (Nike).

8 apps on one bureau & few on others.

5 out of 10 Approvals would look darn good with scores i have for DW. (Chase/Amex/Discover/Citi/WellsFargo) on the Credit report would b nice. If rest of them fail no worries.

No Barclay's here.

takes upto 2 weeks for results.

Now is the time to get on the credit report for i have only one chase freedom with me. need one more chase + rest of cards mentioned.

Message 19 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

As others have said, I wouldn't recommend this at all. Even if you managed to get approved for all of them, you will very likely see shutdowns/AA. Lenders don't take well to "spree" behavior these days and more and more algorithims are being put in place to review accounts and determine customers who are too aggressive in seeking credit.

Slow and steady is the way to go. No more than 2 or maybe 3 apps in a short period of time, then give it a six month break. Yes, you can possibly get away with a shorter gap, but I don't recommend it.

There's really no advantage to the spree approach these days anyway. Lenders see other HPs instantly, so as soon as you do an app, the inquiry will be visible and will count towards future decisions with other lenders.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.