cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19 Years Old - Chase Freedom or Chase Sapphire Preffered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 19 Years Old - Chase Freedom or Chase Sapphire Preffered?

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps since you're a Student, you might consider their Student card. Using that to get your foot in the door, could lead you to getting the CSP earlier. 

+1

Message 11 of 19
cjc6464
New Contributor

I am in the same boat.... I am starting off with the CFStudent and in time I will app for the CSP or CFU. I feel you will have a good chance of approval going that route. Please update when you make a decision! Best of luck to you! 

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
Message 12 of 19
UpInSmoke
Contributor

IMO, you should app the Freedom. It's just one hard pull and you won't have to guess any longer. Don't be afraid to app it. It's not that big of a deal. Good luck!

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 13 of 19
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

I would wait your credit if too new. Hard pulls for nothing.
Message 14 of 19
UpInSmoke
Contributor

If I'm understanding you correctly, you basically have two hard pulls in the last 14 months. Pull the trigger already! LOL! ...FREEDOM!!!! Thank me later. Smiley Happy

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 15 of 19
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America has given you a good boost to start building- with a reputable lender. I highly doubt an app for the CSP would be fruitful. As mentioned, Chase could be hit or miss with a thin file.  I would wait another 4 months and app for the Discover IT or Chrome, pre-qual or not.  Meanwhile, while you're waiting to age your credit to a year and a half (while being active with the BoA card and PIF if possible) open a Chase checking account now  and let it mature for the next several months. If you are able to pick up that Discover card, which should be obtainable for you, let that age six months. Afterwards, your checking account would almost be a year old. During this six months, allow the BofA card some rest (put a small reacurring charge on it) and primarily use the Discover. You should be getting the Cash Back Match and 0% APR for 14 months. When it ages six months, request a CLI online. If granted, attempt double dip. Regardless of the CLI outcome, this is when I would hit up Chase for the Freedom (or better yet, Freedom Unlimited if you get a prequal or feel you could get it). You may even consider apping for both in the same day for one HP. Then GARDEN. That CSP will be in your sight in no time.

just my .02 strategy.

Message 16 of 19
jpro
Established Member

Try to see if you’re prequalified for anything and if you’re not then start with freedom.
Current Cards
Message 17 of 19
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@Andre2K Congrats on being approved for the $3,400 SL on the Freedom Unlimited. I saw your approval here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/19-Years-old-750-Credit-Score-Chase-Freedom-U...

You're doing well! You'll have the CSP in no time!

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 18 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has posted their approval, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.