cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19 & No Credit, Applied For Discover It & CapitalOne Platinum.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

19 & No Credit, Applied For Discover It & CapitalOne Platinum.

After applying to Discover, it gave me the "unable to approve application" and that they'll get back to me in 7-10 days. Is there any chance I can still get this card? I was reading that if I call them and ask, I might've been declined because they need to verify my info. 

CapitalOne said "close to approval" and that they'd contact me for more info and in my email they asked me to give them a photocopy of my ID & SS. Does this mean I have a chance with CapitalOne?

If not, should I try one of the two banks secured credit cards? or go through my credit union for a secured card?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 19 & No Credit, Applied For Discover It & CapitalOne Platinum.

Disco - wait for the letter and it might turn into an ID verification with them as well

Cap1 - they don't usually ask for further info just to deny you 

Message 2 of 4
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Capital One is probably an approval, but not sure about Discover. Did you try any of the prequalification pages? At this early in the game, you might want to try secured cards or student cards. If you’re a member of a credit union, that’s also a good place to look. Other ones to consider are Petal and Deserve. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called up Discover & they told me they declined me due to no credit history. 

How long would it be until I know if I'm approved or not for CapOne?

I also just found out I have a hard inquiry from Bank Of America when I tried opening a business checkings account last year for my company, will this affect my odds of approval from a creditor? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.