Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19 with one current CC, looking for more rewards

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

Re: 19 with one current CC, looking for more rewards

ok so let me get this straight, report less than 8.9% balance (anywhere under $178 for me), then the following 6th(day before my statement generation date) have it be zero? very sorry if i seem repetitive btw friends(:

thank you you all for the massive help, really trying to nail the whole credit thing 17 months late lol
Message 11 of 18
elixerin
Established Contributor

statement balance thats reported is $0 right now (had a $388 statement balance last month), hope im doing it right 😬
Message 12 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@elixerin wrote:
ok so let me get this straight, report less than 8.9% balance (anywhere under $178 for me), then the following 6th(day before my statement generation date) have it be zero?

thank you you all for the massive help, really trying to nail the whole credit thing 17 months late lol

You should have two dates. Due date and closing date. With one card, managing the report is a little tricky because you can't use the card organically if you're trying to isolate the $ because of pending / unposted charges.

I would pay a few days before the due date to have desired number to report. Don't use the card. Let statement cut and close. Pay to zero. Then, repeat spend cycle.

Message 13 of 18
elixerin
Established Contributor

beast, yeah my due date is every 2nd new statement gen is 7th. i pay the statement balance almost instantly running through the charges way early in the month my question is by the next due date do i make sure it’s zeroed out or under 8.9% but above zero by the time of statement generation like someone recommended, whats the best move?
Message 14 of 18
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Ok my CSP statement cuts on the 6th of every month and reports to the CB’s on the 13th of every month. So whatever the statement says my balance is will be reported to the CB’s even if I pay it off/down on the 7th come the 13th if my statement says I owe 5k that’s what will be reported even if I paid 4900 on the 7th. This has been my experience with chase.

Just make sure you’re at 178 or below (as long as you are reporting say 10 bucks) a couple of days before your statement cuts - allow enough time for the payment to post and credit to your account.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 15 of 18
elixerin
Established Contributor

absolutely wonderful to know addicted, always pay what i want reported before due date got it, Discover let’s me pay till the 6th (day before generation, 2nd is due date)and the next day(7th) my payment will have posted and the statement balance/generation will reflect it (plus any pending ofcourse), which you are right is a hardball cause you never know when a pending will post

Thanks a ton.
Message 16 of 18
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Ok look at mine, statement cut is on the 9th payment due date is on the 6th and per my CR it updates on the 13th so say I have a zero balance reporting or just a zero balance for last month but this month I have 5k in spend so if I don’t want 5k reporting I’ll need to pay it off/down by the 6th or 7th before the statement cut aka closing date

E25F67E9-49BB-43A8-BD5B-AC1EDEFB4FCA.jpeg

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP your card reports on the 7th. Based on the timeframe of my Disco, that means your payment is due on the 2nd. Make your payments by the 2nd. On the 6th, pay anything extra that you need to pay so that by the time you go to bed on the 6th, you have a $10 balance, and the next day (statement day), that $10 will be reported. Then resume your usual usage, and repeat the next month. As you add cards, pay them off completely by their statement dates and continue this way with Disco. This is ideal behavior and is known as AZEO, all zero except one.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.