Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd NFCU Before 91 days?

tag
Kinglord
Regular Contributor

2nd NFCU Before 91 days?

Just went through the pre-qualify and it said I am good to go.  Is it possible to get a 2nd NFCU before the 91 days or am I wasting an inquiry on this?  If possible, is there a true benefit to wait until the 91 days?

2nd questions, is there a FAV NFCU Card?  I already have the Plat and Wife has the AMEX Everyday.  Was thinking Flagship, but only concern is Annual fee?

Thoughts?

TIA!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: 2nd NFCU Before 91 days?

@Kinglord wrote:

Just went through the pre-qualify and it said I am good to go.  Is it possible to get a 2nd NFCU before the 91 days or am I wasting an inquiry on this?  If possible, is there a true benefit to wait until the 91 days?

2nd questions, is there a FAV NFCU Card?  I already have the Plat and Wife has the AMEX Everyday.  Was thinking Flagship, but only concern is Annual fee?

Thoughts?

TIA!

Every data point I have seen says that their prequalification tool is garbage and you will be denied if you apply before 91 days and 3 full statements.

Message 2 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Have read a lot that states their pre-qual tool isn't necessarily accurate.  Gives pre-quals to people that just got a card, qualified for all cards when that wasn't the case and worst, pre-qual and then ultimately declined.  I would not do anything before 91/3 despite the pre-qual.

Yes, the FS has an annual fee and if that's a concern, suggest looking at the More Rewards or Cash Rewards when it comes time.  Both have SUB's.

Spending some time reading or bookmark this thread.  Yes, it's long but chocked full of good info

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 3 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I can attest to the prequal tool being unreliable. I have lots of baddies and yet I'm somehow prequalified for all cards. I don't buy it.

Anyway definitely wait 91/3; don't waste an HP.

As for which card to get, if the AF of the FS worries you, then it's probably best to skip it. I'd suggest the simple 1.5% cb cashRewards.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 16
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Prequel tool... aaah!   You already heard about it in its current state.  It is new...

As far as a FAV,  I would recommend 10000% only get what fits for you/your family's lifestyle.

If you really want the FS wait for the SUB to be offered again.  I am just saying under those circumstances you may feel more at ease and that would give you more time to further season ykur relationship with Navy.  🤞

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Kinglord wrote:

Thoughts?

TIA!

Dont rely on their prequal.  You need to give it at least the 91/ 3 to allow for  time  to be established or you might get their too new denial reasons. There may be an outlier or 2 who got 2 cards within 3 months but its very rare. Save  the pull.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kinglord wrote:

is there a FAV NFCU Card?

What does FAV mean?

Message 7 of 16
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kinglord wrote:

What does FAV mean?

Favorite

Message 8 of 16
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@Kinglord wrote:

Thoughts?

TIA!

Every data point I have seen says that their prequalification tool is garbage and you will be denied if you apply before 91 days and 3 full statements.

+1 Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kinglord wrote:

What does FAV mean?

Fico Above Vantage 😂

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.