Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4% Freedom Unlimited Offer!

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

4% Freedom Unlimited Offer!

DW just got mailer for 0% APR for 15 months purchases and balance transfers then %17.24.

4% Cash Back all purchases for the first year up to $20,000! She's never even had a prequal offer on the website.

Edit: No SUB however 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4% Freedom Unlimited Offer!

4% is good.  I'd app for that even though I have an FU already.  I'd shuffle things around and make it happen.

Message 2 of 16
Poppa
Established Contributor

We're gonna try for it. 

Message 3 of 16
calyx
Super Contributor

Dang.  I'd fall out of the Garden for that!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

We're gonna try for it. She's never had a prequalified offer off the website. 

While they're reassuring you have just as much luck with a cold app.  I never had offers on the website w/o being a customer or even being one.  I did get a couple of offers though being a customer under the JFY option and took them up on one but, cold apped it to see if I could get better terms vs the JFY offer and did get a lower APR out of the deal.  

Chase is one of those banks that's reluctant to let you get a lower rate once you're approved.  I tend to PIF though so it doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things just more of an accomplishment since they're a bit on the higher side when it comes to the APR.  I mean if I can get approved somewhere else for 13.24% and Chase says well, we'll just do 16% because we can.

Message 5 of 16
Poppa
Established Contributor

She got it! $10,400 SL. Highest SL we ever got. I'm blown away.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on the spend you have lined up it's your turn to go to the branch and see if you can pull off the CSR Smiley Happy

10.4K is a good limit with Chase.  It's kind of rare though to see much north of 30K here.  After you're in though instead of asking for a CLI you just app for a new card and shuffle the limits around since new apps are usually a higher CL than a CLI.

Message 7 of 16
Poppa
Established Contributor

Now I'm trying to find something that verifies the 4%. We used the invitation code from the mailer but I don't think I ever saw the 4% listed on the app. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the typical SUB for the FU?  I can't remember if it's $150 or $250, or if it varies depending on targeted offer.

That being said, if it's (say) $250, giving that up to get the extra 2.5% CB for the first year would mean a $10k+ spend to break even.  Most people could probably do that if using it as a general spend card, but for the person that only plans on using it for (say) a few hundred bucks a month for the first year the SUB could still be the better option.  Just something to think about.

Message 9 of 16
Poppa
Established Contributor

I think the SUB for 3% was $150 so this deal came out $50 better for us.

Edit: I didn't try to use the referral from my freedom though it may not have worked for the FU but if it would have then I left some money out there. Got too excited and forgot.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.