Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th time Discover pre approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4th time Discover pre approval

hello eveyone.

ANd I did it again for the 4th time and i dont learn!! so i went to discover and try againg for the find me a card tab. I submited all the info that they asked for, and again same card show up. and stupid me i went apply for it...... and again got denied!! forthe 4th time apparently they didnt approve me due to so many inquery on my CR. and same with citybank. they just dont want me at all!  

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4th time Discover pre approval

What are your scores? How many inquiries?
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What are your scores? How many inquiries?

Equi 687 tran 725 exp 640. and to be honest i have more than 30 inqueries. ive been applying mostly for store card and i got approved for 3 cards wth the visa logo.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hello eveyone.

ANd I did it again for the 4th time and i dont learn!! so i went to discover and try againg for the find me a card tab. I submited all the info that they asked for, and again same card show up. and stupid me i went apply for it...... and again got denied!! forthe 4th time apparently they didnt approve me due to so many inquery on my CR. and same with citybank. they just dont want me at all!  

You should always take Discover pre-approval on their site with a pinch of salt.  Just go in and type in random 9 numbers as SSN and then come up with a name.  You will get yur answer as to why that is just useless.

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hello eveyone.

You should always take Discover pre-approval on their site with a pinch of salt.  Just go in and type in random 9 numbers as SSN and then come up with a name.  You will get yur answer as to why that is just useless.

i will keep that in mind, and I promise to my self, never to bother with the mess AGAIN! thats just not right! 

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be the inquiries, because your score is good.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thats what the lady over the phone told me, she went back since january. I try not to keep applaying in general, but i cant help it Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thats what the lady over the phone told me, she went back since january. I try not to keep applaying in general, but i cant help it Smiley Sad

Score is just one piece.  It all comes down to the entire credit profile.   Thts is why you will see some people with scores in the high 700s and still get declined for credit cards.

Message 8 of 30
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Why does Discover market so viciously? They have a lot of casualties who lose faith in them when they market so strongly. They shouldn't tell people that they pre-qualify when they are far from pre-qualified. The percentage of people who get offers that are not real offers from Discover is crazy high.

My scores are all around 750 and I get a Discover mailer weekly...it's rather annoying since I don't want a Discover card. These don't include an APR but a range of APRs so I know they aren't true-true prequal offers. Why do they do this? Anybody know?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Why does Discover market so viciously? They have a lot of casualties who lose faith in them when they market so strongly. They shouldn't tell people that they pre-qualify when they are far from pre-qualified. The percentage of people who get offers that are not real offers from Discover is crazy high.

My scores are all around 750 and I get a Discover mailer weekly...it's rather annoying since I don't want a Discover card. These don't include an APR but a range of APRs so I know they aren't true-true prequal offers. Why do they do this? Anybody know?

I agree with you!! its quite annoying and frustating that they do that. I just dont know whats the purpose for them to do that and why. but i learn my lesson not to apply wioth them nor citibank. i apply for bestbuy and the childrens place and no luck at all. i guess they must be inquery sensitive Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.