cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

604 Credit Score - What Are The Options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 604 Credit Score - What Are The Options?

I want to offer my applause for not only pulling yourself up but also, for inspiring others who may have had similar struggles.  I am also, rooting for you!  I hope you give yourself due credit (no pun intended) for getting where you already are.

Message 11 of 26
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

I forgot to mention in it my previous post, but congratulations on overcoming your struggles. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 12 of 26
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Navy Federal is a bit more accomodating than many major banks... I think their secured card would be a great option... they are very likely to give you a chance.. but they aren't forgiving if you burn them...... someone i know constantly overdrafted with them and they just took it out of his monthly deposit... also he defaulted on their secured card, but a year or so later was able to open up a "small" (by navy standards) unsecured card with them.... which he promptly burned them for... and even then, navy negotiated a payment plan with him.... but they did autotransfer out most of his savings before that... thats one of the known gotchas with Navy... 

Also im a fan of Discover for a secured card... 

-J

-J

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cash my checks at a check cashing place.  My job burned BofA even though they draft the checks there and they won't cash them since they say my employer doesn't have a minimum amount to their standards to cover any bum checks.  We had a situation more than once where people's checks were bouncing (staff of 200), and only the people who immediately cashed them didn't get burned.

I haven't really applied for any credit outside of my phone.

I have no one that can put me on a CC as a AU because they are in the same boat with blown credit especially in my family.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm flagged in the chex system.  I've just had a bad row with banks.  I don't trust them and their hidden fees/taking money and changing my account over without consent to hit me with fees is ridiculous. 

Tried open sky previously - they didn't let me get the secured card.  I know a lot of people swear by it but they do reject.

I did Green Dot once.  Their fees are ridiculous.  I liked them better when they had the PayPal cards but they ended that so I quit messing with them.  If I need something online I get a prepaid Vanilla card non reloadable.  Many folks will take that with zero problems unlike Green Dot.

I don't make enough income to "keep".  After rent, utilitites, food, and gas, car insurance I have 20 bucks left at the end.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried OpenSky once asunder and they denied me.  Again, I know people swear by them but they do have some criteria I didn't meet.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got these from Credit Karma but I also copped reports from all 3 bureaus.  Only 1-2 pt difference.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really leery about the American banking system.  We haven't been friends.

Again, I've previously tried OpenSky, but they didn't approve me.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Green Dots hidden fees are what get you.  They can turn a simple 10 buck purchase into a 75 dollar nightmare with interest quick!

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everybody helping and thanks to all giving me heartfelt wishes on coming up out of a bad situation - here's to hoping the shutdown won't spiral me back.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.