Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

640 fico. What card?

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: 640 fico. What card?

How long have you had your oldest card for? Yes I know its a store card...

As many folks who know me, have an idea of what im going to say... Right @averagejoescredit? 

If youve had one of those cards for at least 6 months... and the fact its not visa/mc..... id consider trying for a Discover card or even an Amex Revolver... At this point a charge card wont necessarily help you... Personally im all about Discover.. sign up for the free credit scorecard for one true FICO score a month (and its different CRA than the one in-account btw) now .... and if you wait a little bit try the prequal....(im assuming one of your cards is at least 6 mo old)...  Reason i suggest CS and a slight wait is Disco will use the SP pull from CS to target offers and it takes a few days for it to propogate (IMHO) .. You may get offers in your email within a day or so... telling you whether you have a chance for a secured or unsecured card... Tend to think unless you have a fresh BK or baddies.. you have a good chance of possibly an unsecured disco but if you dont mind the secured flavor, its not a bad card to have and they usually graduate pretty quickly as long as your scores are moving up...

-J

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.