cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAdvantage MileUp Mastercard Citibank DENIAL because HUH?

tag
681jim
Valued Member

AAdvantage MileUp Mastercard Citibank DENIAL because HUH?

So about a week or so ago, I decided to apply for the American Airlines MileUp Mastercard, admin'ed by Citi. I got the denial letter today, and it said I had delinquent credit obligs were recorded on my report (said it twice), then it also said...

*You have filed for bankruptcy and your previous account(s) with us was included in that filing

*Your previous or existing account with us has a history of late payments.

Two problems with that... I've never filed bankruptcy nor have I EVER, EVER had an account with CitiBank of ANY KIND! Never!

Can someone tell me what's going on??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAdvantage MileUp Mastercard Citibank DENIAL because HUH?

I would call can ask for a supervisor and then tell them to prove the account in question.

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Keep in mind OP that Citi has absorbed a variety of entities over the years. So, unless it's a predecessor bank or a very old account would be my guess. Were you ever an AU on anyone else's account by chance?
Message 3 of 10
681jim
Valued Member

@FinStar wrote:
Keep in mind OP that Citi has absorbed a variety of entities over the years. So, unless it's a predecessor bank or a very old account would be my guess. Were you ever an AU on anyone else's account by chance?

I was never an AU on anyone's account.

Message 4 of 10
681jim
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call can ask for a supervisor and then tell them to prove the account in question.

Can't get through to a live person with the phone number provided in the denial letter.

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Try the following link. There's a few backdoor numbers you can use to reach someone live:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066
Message 6 of 10
681jim
Valued Member

@FinStar wrote:
Try the following link. There's a few backdoor numbers you can use to reach someone live:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Yup, that did the trick! Thank you!

Message 7 of 10
681jim
Valued Member

An update. I finally got through to Citi, thanks to one of the backdoor numbers posted. They agreed to remove the Bankruptcy and the Previous/Existing account stats from their "internal database." I'd like to know where the world they came up with that info on me to begin with, anyway.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So then did that get your app back on track, or did they still deny due to your low score?

Message 9 of 10
681jim
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

So then did that get your app back on track, or did they still deny due to your low score?

They're still going to deny me due to low score and the fact I have some "delinquent credit obligations" on my report.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.