Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI - 7-10 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 3x CLI - 7-10 day message

Been waiting patiently and got the 7-10 day message today after my attempt o the HHonors Surpass ($1k Limit). Also, I immediately got an email that stated I could view my decision online.

When I clicked to access the decision and input the info it said finalized, I input my birthday and then it said "application can not be accessed at this time".

Can I assume flat out denial even with the heavy spend and PIF. I also shot up almost 50 points on experian since getting the card.

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.02.23 AM.png

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 3x CLI - 7-10 day message

Unfortunately, yes....this is a denial. 

Message 2 of 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes unfortunately 7-10 days is most often a denialSmiley Sad

Also I seems a lot of the when the starting line is 1K, most people don’t get the CLI.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured, but idk why... My scores have sky rocketed since approval. maybe I mistimed the request. My original approval was 8/26/2019.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, They gave me a busniess HHonors with 12k SL last month so I am perplexed.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Figured, but idk why... My scores have sky rocketed since approval. maybe I mistimed the request. My original approval was 8/26/2019.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=08&d1=26&y1=2019&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=61&rec=

Looks right.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I thought it was... I did unfortunately pull the trigger early on 8/31/2019 before even receiving the card as reports of that working showed upon the forum.

I wonder if I screwed myself there... That was also denied.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, They gave me a busniess HHonors with 12k SL last month so I am perplexed.

One doesn't really play into the other though.

Looking through your limits in your signature though would indicate you're kind stuck in the mud right now.  It's going to take some time to get unstuck though w/o any additional apps.  Maybe cull the herd a little bit to clean things up from the days of SCT's and low ball limits.  

1K personal and 12K biz though depends on what they were looking at for info on the biz side vs personal.  If you biz profile is stronger due to less activity and blemisshes than it makes sense.  

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The UW criteria varies across cards. Most ppl slip in to Amex with a Delta Gold or HH cobranded at a $1K SL then after a few mths of good habits (lots of spend, PIF), they qualify for other cards like BCE where they can get higher SL and the normal CLI approval schedule. 3x CLI at 61 days or even 91 days is YMMV apparently and def not guaranteed. You can either wait it out and try again in a few mths or get another card at hopefully a much higher SL and then when u get a CLI on that, transfer some of that limit over to Hilton
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea I thought it was... I did unfortunately pull the trigger early on 8/31/2019 before even receiving the card as reports of that working showed upon the forum.

I wonder if I screwed myself there... That was also denied.

If that's the case and it was a true denial then it resets things to 90 days from that date but, typically it's a false denial and doesn't impose the longer waiting period.  Everyone tries the activation CLI and some get lucky and others just have to wait until day 61 and then it clicks.  When you have a lower CL though it's a bit tougher for some as it's more of an indication of a borderline profile approval.  You had just enough to get in but, not enough to push the limit.  Usually the lower limits just take some time ~6 months before they budge on the CL to see how you're handling the account.  It's a waiting game.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.