Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI - I applied and was approved through the link, but when I checked with customer service to see if I would receive the bonus, they said it wasn't on my account and that they would open an investigation with marketing to see if I would get it. (which doesn't sound promising) I've never had a PRG, but I do have a green card and a ED card.

When did you apply, just in the last few minutes?  And you already contacted customer service to check?  Wow, now that's what I call true pessimism. Smiley Happy  I did take a screenshot during the app, not that I have that much faith in it reversing any decision they might make.  Screenshots can be faked.  Or they could just pull the "same card family" excuse.

Message 31 of 157
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep trying and even in incognito, no go

For some reason incognito (the Firefox equivalent anyway) did not work for me either.  It was only after changing browsers that I was able to get it to work.  Could be they're going off the IP+UserAgent combo but that seems dicey.  Who knows.  I didn't blow away my whole cache though before trying.  That might have been a sneaky way they were able to detect me.

You gotta blow away the whole cache.

mong would love this, but I am gardening (only have BCE, so would qualify).

it's tempting guys, but must hold back.

no apps. No apps.

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI - I applied and was approved through the link, but when I checked with customer service to see if I would receive the bonus, they said it wasn't on my account and that they would open an investigation with marketing to see if I would get it. (which doesn't sound promising) I've never had a PRG, but I do have a green card and a ED card.

When did you apply, just in the last few minutes?  And you already contacted customer service to check?  Wow, now that's what I call true pessimism. Smiley Happy  I did take a screenshot during the app, not that I have that much faith in it reversing any decision they might make.  Screenshots can be faked.  Or they could just pull the "same card family" excuse.

Ooooh, If it wasn't for backdating...

Message 33 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I did that as soon as the approval page came up.

I'm worried that they're to fall back on the "if you're a current AmEx member "language and not give it to me.

Message 34 of 157
Guinness
Contributor

I applied for the 50k and got the pending messsage. This morning got the email that my application was approved.  Went online to chat and agent said my acct was approved with the 50k promo Smiley Happy.  I already have the Everyday Premier and Delta Amex cards.

Message 35 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guinness wrote:

I applied for the 50k and got the pending messsage. This morning got the email that my application was approved.  Went online to chat and agent said my acct was approved with the 50k promo Smiley Happy

Do you have any other AMEX cards?

Message 36 of 157
Guinness
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

I applied for the 50k and got the pending messsage. This morning got the email that my application was approved.  Went online to chat and agent said my acct was approved with the 50k promo Smiley Happy

Do you have any other AMEX cards?

Yes I have the Everyday Preferred and Delta both approved in December

Message 37 of 157
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

I applied for the 50k and got the pending messsage. This morning got the email that my application was approved.  Went online to chat and agent said my acct was approved with the 50k promo Smiley Happy.  I already have the Everyday Premier and Delta Amex cards.

That should explain the concerns other folks are having. Smiley Happy

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 38 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, you can call me pessimistic on this one. AmEx hasn't really been blowing me away with their customer service so far. And if I took a HP to not get the 50k points I'll be pretty steamed.

Here's the confirmation I received on the approval page:

http://postimg.org/image/85xn96qnx/

Message 39 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, you can call me pessimistic on this one. AmEx hasn't really been blowing me away with their customer service so far. And if I took a HP to not get the 50k points I'll be pretty steamed.

Here's the confirmation I received on the approval page:

http://postimg.org/image/85xn96qnx/

However...

"If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you."

It's clear they're looking to bait NEW customers.. Smiley Indifferent

Message 40 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.