tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI - I applied and was approved through the link, but when I checked with customer service to see if I would receive the bonus, they said it wasn't on my account and that they would open an investigation with marketing to see if I would get it. (which doesn't sound promising) I've never had a PRG, but I do have a green card and a ED card.

When did you apply, just in the last few minutes?  And you already contacted customer service to check?  Wow, now that's what I call true pessimism. Smiley Happy  I did take a screenshot during the app, not that I have that much faith in it reversing any decision they might make.  Screenshots can be faked.  Or they could just pull the "same card family" excuse.

Yep, you can call me pessimistic on this one. AmEx hasn't really been blowing me away with their customer service so far. And if I took a HP to not get the 50k points I'll be pretty steamed.

Here's the confirmation I received on the approval page:

http://postimg.org/image/85xn96qnx/

However...

"If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you."

It's clear they're looking to bait NEW customers.. Smiley Indifferent

Yeah, that's pretty clear and it definitely proves that while some are having success at receiving the promo points even with existing accounts, this is YMMV.

Does anyone have experience with what they might do if I don't get the 50K points? If I had just applied for a PRG without this link I should have received 25k. Or are they just going to tell me to get bent and enjoy 0 points?

Message 41 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm was just approved but don't see the new PRG in my amex account. Still showing just my Blue cash everyday

Message 42 of 157
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Did you chose the option to get your card # online? If you selected that option then it will prompt you to add the card to your online banking.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 43 of 157
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm was just approved but don't see the new PRG in my amex account. Still showing just my Blue cash everyday

At the end of the app process you have to associate the new card with your existing username.  If you close the window instead you'll have to wait for the card to show up in the mail I think. (Or possibly contact customer service)

Mine showed up almost immediately.  I got an email right away saying "Your card is registered..."

Message 44 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI - I applied and was approved through the link, but when I checked with customer service to see if I would receive the bonus, they said it wasn't on my account and that they would open an investigation with marketing to see if I would get it. (which doesn't sound promising) I've never had a PRG, but I do have a green card and a ED card.

When did you apply, just in the last few minutes?  And you already contacted customer service to check?  Wow, now that's what I call true pessimism. Smiley Happy  I did take a screenshot during the app, not that I have that much faith in it reversing any decision they might make.  Screenshots can be faked.  Or they could just pull the "same card family" excuse.

Yep, you can call me pessimistic on this one. AmEx hasn't really been blowing me away with their customer service so far. And if I took a HP to not get the 50k points I'll be pretty steamed.

Here's the confirmation I received on the approval page:

http://postimg.org/image/85xn96qnx/

However...

"If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you."

It's clear they're looking to bait NEW customers.. Smiley Indifferent

Yeah, that's pretty clear and it definitely proves that while some are having success at receiving the promo points even with existing accounts, this is YMMV.

Does anyone have experience with what they might do if I don't get the 50K points? If I had just applied for a PRG without this link I should have received 25k. Or are they just going to tell me to get bent and enjoy 0 points?

In my wife's experience, they're giving the run-around and thus far...4 months after meeting the spend bonus has not received her 25K MR bonus.

I, on the other hand, received both bonuses for the PRG, and ED.

Message 45 of 157
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

I applied for the 50k and got the pending messsage. This morning got the email that my application was approved.  Went online to chat and agent said my acct was approved with the 50k promo Smiley Happy.  I already have the Everyday Premier and Delta Amex cards.

I have a quick question for you, under your card member agreement, does it mention the 50k offer? I thought it was supposed to show it under the actual agreement.

BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 46 of 157
Guinness
Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

I applied for the 50k and got the pending messsage. This morning got the email that my application was approved.  Went online to chat and agent said my acct was approved with the 50k promo Smiley Happy.  I already have the Everyday Premier and Delta Amex cards.

I have a quick question for you, under your card member agreement, does it mention the 50k offer? I thought it was supposed to show it under the actual agreement.

Where do you find the agreement?

Message 47 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At the end of the app process you have to associate the new card with your existing username.  If you close the window instead you'll have to wait for the card to show up in the mail I think. (Or possibly contact customer service)

Mine showed up almost immediately.  I got an email right away saying "Your card is registered..."

i got my card number, then my browser crashed. Ok looks like I will have to wait for it to come in the mail. 

Message 48 of 157
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

After you login on the lower left side it should say (the last link) Card Member Agreement.

Message 49 of 157
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

Where do you find the agreement?

After you login on the lower left side it should say (the last link) Card Member Agreement.

Message 50 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.