Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

A bit off-topic, but in the cardmember agreements section where it lists all the cards, all of mine say " - Basic" after the card number.  Basic as opposed to what?  Are they just telling me I'm a pleb?

Message 61 of 157
Guinness
Contributor

@core wrote:

A bit off-topic, but in the cardmember agreements section where it lists all the cards, all of mine say " - Basic" after the card number.  Basic as opposed to what?  Are they just telling me I'm a pleb?

Uhhhh Mine says "premium"... So... LOL j/k mine says the same.Smiley Indifferent

Message 62 of 157
Guinness
Contributor

My Chat with Amex just now cuz I got worried...

di: If you spend $1000.00 you will get 15000 MR points.
Adi: This spend limit of $1000.00 was for your Amex Every day card.
Adi: However I was checking for the Premier Gold card, there is no offer showing on the card.
you: thats strange I was offered 50,000 MR points as a bonus
Adi: That is why it took time, I am checking the offer for you once again, please allow me a minute more.
you: I asked earlier if I was getting the bonus points but forgot to confirm the spending requirement
Adi: Let me clarify for the Amex Every day card, and out of $1000.00 of eligible spending you have already made the purchase of $119.65 as of now and the remaining amount to spend is of $880.35.
you: yes thank you
Adi: You are most welcome.,
Adi: Let me re check for the Gold card.,
you: thank you
Adi: Excellent news for you !
Adi: On your Premier Rewards Gold Card , you can get 50,000 Membership Rewards points after making $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months (92 days) of Card Membership.
you: Whew had me worried there =)
Adi: The points will be issued to the Membership Rewards account within 6 - 8 weeks after you meet the purchase requirement.

Adi: (Smiles) I am glad I was able to get the exact details
you: Thank you for confirming everything for me =)
Adi: Since this is a new card, the information were not readily available
you: Ahh I see. I appreciate the extra effort
Adi: But, I figured how to get that .. This is the least I could do
Adi: You are most welcome Ashley!
you: Have a great night Adi!
Adi: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
you: No thank you you answered all my questions

Message 63 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

Message 64 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got this to come up and was considering having my g/f apply for it but she already has the Delta card so I'm worried that she won't get the 50K offer.  Hmmm.  Decisions, decisions.

Message 65 of 157
newhis
Valued Contributor

AU users count as current Amex cardhold member?

I want my DW to apply, but she can wait until 01/16 (hoping to backdate to 01/14). I think she needs to show that she can handle the limits and build a little more history, she is getting to 1 year with her oldest card.

Message 66 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

AU users count as current Amex cardhold member?

I want my DW to apply, but she can wait until 01/16 (hoping to backdate to 01/14). I think she needs to show that she can handle the limits and build a little more history, she is getting to 1 year with her oldest card.

I don't think AU users count as current card members so she should be good to go

Message 67 of 157
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

I have the AMEX Gold and the AMEX BCE, that link gave me the dreaded "You have been identified as a current American Express Card Member. You may have seen an offer advertised for this product previously, but the offer is not available to current American Express Card Members"

When I copied and pasted into another browser, via RDP, on another computer, I got this msg:

"Earn 25,000 Pointsafter you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership" ......guess the 50K is no longer being offered?  Smiley Sad

EDIT:  I just hit F5 and now saying 50K!!!

Message 68 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@merlinflex wrote:

I have the AMEX Gold and the AMEX BCE, that link gave me the dreaded "You have been identified as a current American Express Card Member. You may have seen an offer advertised for this product previously, but the offer is not available to current American Express Card Members"

When I copied and pasted into another browser, via RDP, on another computer, I got this msg:

"Earn 25,000 Pointsafter you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership" ......guess the 50K is no longer being offered?  Smiley Sad

Keep trying using private browsing (incognito mode): 

Open incognito window

Paste link

If you get the 25k offer then close the window and reopen (do not just click refresh). The 50k/1k spend offer will come up eventually. 

This sounds like a dumb way to do it, but I and others got the offer and they are honoring it. Just chatted with AMEX and they confirmed bonus terms. 

Message 69 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally got this to come up and was considering having my g/f apply for it but she already has the Delta card so I'm worried that she won't get the 50K offer.  Hmmm.  Decisions, decisions.

I have the BCE, applied and just confirmed bonus terms by chat. 

If you have never had the PRG, you will get the offer. Everything is YMMV but this is the well known rule with AMEX.

Message 70 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.