Not applicable

Re: AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

Message 71 of 157
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Shows offer for me, apply button says "offer no longer available" 

but for those of you who applied, here ya go, just for safety. 

Screenshot 2015-01-17 at 12.30.02 AM.png

Oh phew! I thought this was a bigger offer. I posted a screenshot of the offer I got in my approval thread.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 72 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally got this to come up and was considering having my g/f apply for it but she already has the Delta card so I'm worried that she won't get the 50K offer.  Hmmm.  Decisions, decisions.

I have the BCE, applied and just confirmed bonus terms by chat. 

If you have never had the PRG, you will get the offer. Everything is YMMV but this is the well known rule with AMEX.

Thanks!  I can't use it as I already have thexPRG but my g/f can.

Message 73 of 157
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Logged in using my Amex creds and said no offer available for me since i have the regular Amex Gold, but told me that there is an offer to go to Amex PLAT with 40K bonus points......but no waive of AF for the first year.......

http://imgur.com/iSgvZGw

Should I bite?  Would be $450 + $175 (wife as AU), $625 a year.....

Message 74 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

50k platinum offers come along every now and then. And sometimes 100k targeted ones if you are really lucky. 

Also this is a good question: are the PRG and the Gold different products for bonus offer purposes? I would think so. 

If you have any other Amex product and go to this ofer logged in they will tell you no. BUT if you go the private browsing mode and sign up for it you will get it. The offer is being targeted to new members but is available to everyone if you can land there. 

Message 75 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok approved for G/F.  Hopefully she won't have issues being a current AMEX member .  I'll have her go on chat in bit to verify

Message 76 of 157
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Little chat window popped up and I decided why they hell not just ask.  So after chatting, I got the Amex PRG and 25K point even though I am a current  Amex Gold (regular) and Amex BCE since 1990, not the BCE, but got my fist Amex card, the green, in late 1990.  The agent told me that I would not be eligible for the 50K point for Amex Plat and it would be a HP, but the Amex PRG would be a SP???

Since I am in the garden until 1/2016, it works out.  No HP and 25K points.  I am content

Message 77 of 157
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

50k platinum offers come along every now and then. And sometimes 100k targeted ones if you are really lucky. 

Also this is a good question: are the PRG and the Gold different products for bonus offer purposes? I would think so. 

If you have any other Amex product and go to this ofer logged in they will tell you no. BUT if you go the private browsing mode and sign up for it you will get it. The offer is being targeted to new members but is available to everyone if you can land there. 

Showing up on my account now as a different card number all together, thought it was supposed to be the same credit card number???  Got two emails, one saying the card was registered and showing on my account, the other said it was being rushed to me and to expect in 2-3 days.

So guessing that is true, two different products.

Message 78 of 157
chalupaman
Super Contributor

The chat CSR confirmed that I do have the 50k MR point offer.

Now the challenge here is finding places that will accept Amex. I wanted to use my PRG to buy those new license plates for my mom's car but they don't accept Amex unfortunately. It costed 462 dollars total.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 79 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

The chat CSR confirmed that I do have the 50k MR point offer.

Now the challenge here is finding places that will accept Amex. I wanted to use my PRG to buy those new license plates for my mom's car but they don't accept Amex unfortunately. It costed 462 dollars total.

Congrats on the approval.  Where in the world do you live.  Everyone takes Amex noww 😃. Well almost everyone.

Message 80 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.