Did you mean: 

AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX 50K Bonus 1K Spending / AF Waived Link

Sweet, wish I had gotten your CSR on my chat....Smiley Sad

@chalupaman wrote:

The chat CSR confirmed that I do have the 50k MR point offer.

Now the challenge here is finding places that will accept Amex. I wanted to use my PRG to buy those new license plates for my mom's car but they don't accept Amex unfortunately. It costed 462 dollars total.

Message 81 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@merlinflex wrote:

Sweet, wish I had gotten your CSR on my chat....Smiley Sad

@chalupaman wrote:

Now the challenge here is finding places that will accept Amex. I wanted to use my PRG to buy those new license plates for my mom's car but they don't accept Amex unfortunately. It costed 462 dollars total.

The difference is you already have the Gold card, he didn't afaik

Message 82 of 157
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

But now, thinking that since the Amex PRG is a different account number and back dated to 1990, that will help my AAoA, thoughts anyone??

Message 83 of 157
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  Where in the world do you live.  Everyone takes Amex noww 😃. Well almost everyone.

If there was any way to somehow still be able to use my Amex to pay for bills even on sites that don't take the card, that would be great. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 84 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice but i dont need another gold lol :d

Message 85 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice cards!

@csryang wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold/25330

Just make sure you did not have this card in the past and you should be good, make sure to clear your browser cookies/cache and make sure you copy and paste the link instead of clicking it.

Sharing the link since I benefit it from this community. Smiley Happy

Great deal. How did you find that link?

Message 86 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@merlinflex wrote:

But now, thinking that since the Amex PRG is a different account number and back dated to 1990, that will help my AAoA, thoughts anyone??

It will for sure. 

Now, I am not sure what they did in your case. They opened up a new account with a SP and gave you 25k MR? I would be very surprised if that happened. In my head there are only three possibilities here

- Product change, no bonus, no pull

- New product, HP, 50k (if that is the link you clicked on)

- New product, HP, 25k if they for whatever reason didn't want to give you the 50k (I would push if this is the case)

Message 87 of 157
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

It will for sure. 

Now, I am not sure what they did in your case. They opened up a new account with a SP and gave you 25k MR? I would be very surprised if that happened. In my head there are only three possibilities here

- New product, HP, 25k if they for whatever reason didn't want to give you the 50k (I would push if this is the case)

I would say the third one is the closest one.  But the CSR said no HP, just SP?  I have all credit reports locked and did not unlock, however, I believe that since I am already a Amex customer, they can access anyone and a SP pretty much has the info as a HP, more or less.

The CSR said 25K bonus points was all I could get, took her first name and service ID number and took a screen shot of the chat conversation. 

Message 88 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@merlinflex wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

It will for sure. 

I would say the third one is the closest one.  But the CSR said no HP, just SP?  I have all credit reports locked and did not unlock, however, I believe that since I am already a Amex customer, they can access anyone and a SP pretty much has the info as a HP, more or less.

The CSR said 25K bonus points was all I could get, took her first name and service ID number and took a screen shot of the chat conversation. 

That's tempting for me to try.  Getting another 25K for a SP is certainly worth it but it does seem surprising that they are doing that

Message 89 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

It will for sure. 

That's tempting for me to try.  Getting another 25K for a SP is certainly worth it but it does seem surprising that they are doing that

But you already have the PRG. I doubt they would give you the bonus again. 

Message 90 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.