cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Member

AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......

I recently submitted my request for my 61 day CLI in my Cash Magnet card, EX FICO right at 700. Got the 7-10 day message. I received my denial letter today from AMEX.

Request denied: Our records indicate you have a bankruptcy on your credit file.

I guess I will sock drawer this one until Aug-2020 when my BK clears my reports.

I have had been able to open a few other accounts with much higher limits since my discharge so I am not too worried about this one.

So for anyone with an active BK maybe the CLI isn't a sure thing.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......


@MP15_556 wrote:


So for anyone with an active BK maybe the CLI isn't a sure thing.

Sorry for the denial,

it's not just if you have an active BK. CLI's with AMEX are never a given, even though most seem to think they are. 






~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 2 of 7
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......

Sorry to hear that! I wouldn’t SD it though. Just use it well and I would think you will eventually get a CLI. Keep in mind that 61 days is a pretty short period of time for a new card, even Amex. 

Discover It: 18.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 4.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 3 of 7
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......

What was the SL on the card?  If it was under the Amex type of "credit steps," it generally takes longer to receive the CLI. 


@MP15_556 wrote:
I recently submitted my request for my 61 day CLI in my Cash Magnet card, EX FICO right at 700. Got the 7-10 day message. I received my denial letter today from AMEX.

Request denied: Our records indicate you have a bankruptcy on your credit file.

I guess I will sock drawer this one until Aug-2020 when my BK clears my reports.

I have had been able to open a few other accounts with much higher limits since my discharge so I am not too worried about this one.

So for anyone with an active BK maybe the CLI isn't a sure thing.

 

Present Day...Equifax: 766, TransUnion: 765, Experian: 771
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
PenFed CLOC: $500
Message 4 of 7
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......

I have not been able to get AMEX to budge on my CLI request. However, I was able to get 2 additional cards one charge and one revolver with higher limits than the original card. 



Starting Score: TU 527, EQ 543, EX 563
Current Score: TU 692, EQ 678, EX 701
Goal Score:725 Across The Board


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Valued Member

Re: AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......

SL was $2,000.00

I got approved for two cards with BBVA Compass the week after the AMEX, one for $12,000.00 & $8,000.00 so its not really an issue for me.
Message 6 of 7
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 Day CLI Denied.......


@MP15_556 wrote:
SL was $2,000.00

I got approved for two cards with BBVA Compass the week after the AMEX, one for $12,000.00 & $8,000.00 so its not really an issue for me.

If you choose to do so, give it another shot in 120 days and see if that sticks :-)

 

EDIT: "At" 120 days, instead of 61 that is...

Present Day...Equifax: 766, TransUnion: 765, Experian: 771
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
PenFed CLOC: $500
Message 7 of 7