Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - "In Progress" Status

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - "In Progress" Status

the $300.00 SUB was so tempting and the new design is nice also, so last night at around 11 PM I Pulled the trigger...and it went into.....

bcp.png

Thoughts ?? Approval ? Decline ? 1% Utilization..690's Experian

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - "In Progress" Status

Based on your signature, and if I’m counting correctly, it looks like you already have 5 AMEX revolvers. 5 revolvers is their typical limit. Some have been approved for more, but it’s more the exception than the rule and a huge hurdle.

It will most likely switch to declined and your reason will be number of cards.
Message 2 of 8
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Based on your signature, and if I’m counting correctly, it looks like you already have 5 AMEX revolvers. 5 revolvers is their typical limit. Some have been approved for more, but it’s more the exception than the rule and a huge hurdle.

It will most likely switch to declined and your reason will be number of cards.

Do you think I can replace one witht he BCP ?.  Surprised that it was not a Auto Decline...if it was the 5 Revolver rule ?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll probably get a call to swap one out of your lineup if the 5 revolvers is an issue.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve tried for a 6th and it went pending then declined. If you call in they will typically let you close one in order to get an approval. Just make sure they still offer you the SUB.
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As others have mentioned, possible decline unless they provide you the option to close an existing revolver to swap with BCP. Just keep the SUB outcome in mind in the event that you decide to close any existing revolver <12 months.
Message 6 of 8
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Approved !. They called me first thign this morning and explained the 5 card rule and that if i close one of my accounts I can have the BCP, I closed one of my oldest one the Hilton Aspie/Ascend, which is aobut 14 Months old, she proceesed my request and came back on the line and told me I should have my new card in the mail with 3-5 Business days.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval OP.

Locking this thread as you have been approved. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you wish.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.