Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI 3x Increase Denial :(

tag
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

AMEX CLI 3x Increase Denial :(

So after BOA swatted me down on my CLI request yesterday, I kept in mind today was 61 days since I opened my SPG/HHonors card and that I would be eligible to CLI my baby 1k CLs.

I decided to request a CLI on my SPG, from 1k to 3k and got denied. Not gonna lie, it hit me in the gut. I put very decent spending on my cards and really assumed I'd get that approval. I've had a PRG since November 2017, and have put on about 14k in spending since then, and made both SUBs on the HHonors, and SPG. I've never been late on either account, and always make sure to PIF before any account statements post. I usually PIF every week.

My utilization across all my accounts floats from 1-5%.

Ugh. Weird thing is I see a ton of preapprovals that have me itching! So I thought surely I'd get that CLI. Double Ugh.

Anyway, I mostly came here to whine and vent. I blame the gardeners, their walls aren't high enough to keep me in.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX CLI 3x Increase Denial :(

Bummer. I feel your pain, both hubby and I were denied him at 181 days, I jumped the gun at 61 days lol. We both had preapprovals as well and he was shot down there too, so I don't take much stock in them eitherSmiley Sad

I may try at 91 days just for giggles but know they outcome already .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 4
jlitnns
Established Contributor

I think the trend recently has been that if you have a $1k SL, you have to wait 6 months for the 3x CLI. That's the train I've been on. $1k SL last June tried at 61 and denied then in Dec got my 3x and now I'm waiting another 10 days and hopeful to get to $9k. It's kinda misleading that I'm pre-approved for everything but it seems I'm stuck in the $1k SL no matter what card I app for. Most recently I've been seeing the pre-approval for the PRG. I don't need that card or the $195 fee that comes with it. Oh well, it really does take time for some of us.

Robot Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Not sure if there is a big difference between 500SL as opposed to 1000SL. My hubby started at 500 and did not get CLI at 6 months, so unfortunately  that's not always the norm with them .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.