cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
frenzied

Re: AmEx BCP CLI option not available on website

Thank you @FinStar , I didn't realize it was called a Luv button so I missed this.

Message 121 of 185
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Raisondetre wrote:

"You are not eligible to request a Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently opened an account with us."

It's been a few days past 61. Guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. 🤷‍♀️

Sorry to hear. Seems they very well maybe be transitioning out of the 61 day 3x CLI and maybe it's now 91 days at the earliest.

Thanks for the info.

I never got a CLI on my old Delta card ($1k limit) that I closed in Jan 2017...  I just opened another this week only this time they gave me a $10k limit... so I'm not nearly as worried about a CLI as I was with the previous account.

Still... will keep this thread in mind and check and post back when I go for a CLI... which will be at least day 91 I think.  Smiley LOL

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 122 of 185
Aramos
New Contributor

Just used the link in this thread on my Amex Delta Plat. Went from $8,700 to $26,100. Thanks for the link since I had been waiting to request for the past 61 days.

Message 123 of 185
difringe
Established Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

So, I believe it's there but the way I had to get to it was a work around. Pretty sure this is a website issue because the link that is usually there is not but it is for the old version of their website which I saved. Here is a direct link to it; make sure you have the card you want or change it. I have it in my Gold card as default and it originally said I wasn't eligible til I changed it to BCE when testing it. This is all on mobile so no clue how it differs from website on desktop

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&F...

Screenshot_20211102-152415_Chrome.jpg

thankfully, this still seems to be working for now

Message 124 of 185
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@simplynoir You're the best. Followed the link and it brought me to my Platinum acct which of course is not Eli me. But as soon as I click my BCP icon, it immediately opened to the CLI page. Now I'm nervous to submit for fear of declination and having to wait 6 mos until I can submit again! AND I don't want to deal with a POI situation. While I can substantiate my salary it's a hassle to do that with Amex. Been through it before about 6 years ago and they were a painThe butt!!
😬😬😬. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Message 125 of 185
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Amex credit limit increase button

@FinStar 

Hi, do you know the max credit limit allowed on Amex revolvers? Does it vary by product? Contemplating the ❤️ Button and planning out my strategy! Thanks 

Message 126 of 185
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Aspireto850 wrote:

@FinStar 

Hi, do you know the max credit limit allowed on Amex revolvers? Does it vary by product? Contemplating the ❤️ Button and planning out my strategy! Thanks 

Hi @Aspireto850 - it is not product-specific but rather profile-specific and in a variety of cases they may request IV/POI for CLs > $100K on a single CC. Revolving CLs on a single card (biz and/or personal) can be had for >$100K or ~$500K on multiple revolvers (biz and/or personal).

Message 127 of 185
collics
Established Contributor

Is it no longer 61 days for CLI req for Amex?

Had the Delta Gold since Apr 7 and link is saying account recently opened.

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 128 of 185
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

@collics wrote:

It seems variable now. I kept getting the same message and was finally told it was now 180 days for some accounts.

Message 129 of 185
collics
Established Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

@collics wrote:

It seems variable now. I kept getting the same message and was finally told it was now 180 days for some accounts.

Oh wow. Thanks. Guess I'll keep waiting. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 130 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.