cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI not allowed at 61 days since opening???????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI not allowed at 61 days since opening???????

I'm at 63 days since being approved for my AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles card, SL $1000. I've looked online, and where the credit limit increase button should be, it isn't(could have sworn it was there before).  I try the automated system, and it says that I'm not elgibile for a CLI. I tried the live chat, and they say that I'm not elgibile for a CLI, and that they suggest that members go 6 months before requestin one.  Did something change?  because after reading the Definitive guide for 3X AMEX CLI, I thought it said 61 days after opening.  Any help would be appeciated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI not allowed at 61 days since opening???????

Do you have another AMEX card where in the past six months you've already requested an increase for?

Message 2 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Based on your $1k SL, perhaps you're one of those "borderline" approvals, and therefore don't qualify for the usual 3x CLI at 61 days. In your case, you may have to indeed wait 6 months at least as the CSR suggested.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have another one,  but I'm an AU on my wife's.  And we requested one on hers last month.   Does that count? 

Message 4 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have another one,  but I'm an AU on my wife's.  And we requested one on hers last month.   Does that count? 

No, that wouldn't count.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm at 63 days since being approved for my AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles card, SL $1000. I've looked online, and where the credit limit increase button should be, it isn't(could have sworn it was there before).  I try the automated system, and it says that I'm not elgibile for a CLI. I tried the live chat, and they say that I'm not elgibile for a CLI, and that they suggest that members go 6 months before requestin one.  Did something change?  because after reading the Definitive guide for 3X AMEX CLI, I thought it said 61 days after opening.  Any help would be appeciated.

As mentioned upthread @Anonymous, the 61-day timeframe is only a guidance since some accounts can get approved for an early CLI, but others will not -- it's not something that is guaranteed for every account or profile. That said, since the automated system indicated that your account wasn't eligible, you'd have to wait the full 6 months from account opening and try again.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody! 

Message 7 of 9
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I have 4 Amex cards and haven't had a CLI on any of them so far. Keep getting denied. Newest one is around 8 months old so I'm well beyond due. 

Message 8 of 9
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Based on your $1k SL, perhaps you're one of those "borderline" approvals, and therefore don't qualify for the usual 3x CLI at 61 days. In your case, you may have to indeed wait 6 months at least as the CSR suggested.

^^^THIS^^^ at a $1K SL you were barely approved. So it's going to take more time and usage (and possibly a little higher Score as well depending on where you are) before thy'll even consider it, and that's assuming you also don't have an old BK or prior bad history with them. Just keeping using it and PIF and Good luck

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.