Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI or new card

tag
Neutron
New Contributor

AMEX CLI or new card

I currently have an Amex Delta Gold with a CL of $2000.  My credit has improved significantly since I opened the card.  I have 12 inquiries on my report, none in the last 12 months.  6 will fall of in 2/21.

I want to request a CLI on my delta card, but also want to app for an AMEX platinum or gold charge card.  Should I do one before the other?  Can I get a CLI and a new card within a few days of each other or do I have to wait the 6 months between requests?

Should I wait until some of those inquiries fall off?  Or does not having any in the last 12 months make them less significant?

Any info would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI or new card

You can do both the same day if you want. There's people that get a new card then a 3X CLI on that same card the same day because they have another card that was past 181 days since their last increase.

In my opinion, go for whichever one you want more first. So if the charge card is more important, get that first. If more available credit is, get the CLI.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.