Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Delta Gold Skymiles

Hi, all. I received a mailer offering 50k bonus miles with this card. Is this a prequalified offer or just an invitation to apply?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Skymiles

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, all. I received a mailer offering 50k bonus miles with this card. Is this a prequalified offer or just an invitation to apply?

It's a marketing mailer and does not represent any knid of prequalified offer.  If you tell us a little about your credit file, including how old it is, current limits, and most importantly you FICO 08 Experian Score, then we can probably give you some input on whether you would be approved or not.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually see your scores in your signature and honestly your EX score is a bit too low right now to get approved for an Amex card.  Need it to be closer to 650 first.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! This is exactly what I needed to hear. They keep sending them, so I figured I would at least inquire on here. I will wait until my EX score is at least 650. 

Message 4 of 22
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Yeah Irish is right you have to be at least in the 650 EX to get approved for the Amex Delta Gold.
But Do you have a Delta Skymiles membership? And does the mailer include your membership number? The reason why I asked is that a poster here just got approved for that card with $1K SL with a score similar to yours. Her mailer included her skymiles number.

Here's that thread ;

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Aprroved-for-Cap1-PL/m-p/5024468/thread-id/54...

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 22
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

You should check this site: - Get Pre-Approved with Amex  If it show's up, I'd give it a go.  Probably get a low limit but at least you'll get your foot in the door.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it included my skymiles number.

Yes, it included my skymiles number.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thread you linked doesn't mention it. Is that the right thread? Also, nothing pops up on amex prequal. That's why I came here first to ask. I found that odd that I would get the mail offer and it not show up on amex's site.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind. I went to the second page and saw it. Lol
Message 9 of 22
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

If you don't mind 1 EX hp then I'd say give it a go! It's probably your Delta membership that got/will get you in Amex via that mailer. Unless something significant changed in your EX CR recently then I think you're in with them. It's your call and do keep us posted. Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.