Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Skymiles

@JR_TX wrote:

If you don't mind 1 EX hp then I'd say give it a go! It's probably your Delta membership that got/will get you in Amex via that mailer. Unless something significant changed in your EX CR recently then I think you're in with them. It's your call and do keep us posted. Smiley Happy

I applied after weighing my options. I can afford the inquiry as I have not applied for credit in some time. The application is in progress. They actually pulled my EQ and TU. I read that they do that for borderline applicants. I called in to see if they needed anything else and was told that a "special team" is almost done review the application and that I should receive a call soon with verification questions and their decision. I will just wait it out. I went into this without high expectations. At the very least, I am happy it wasn't a flat out denial. It shows me that if denied, I will be in a better position once I raise my scores a bit more. I will update you guys once I hear back from them. ::fingers crossed::

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

If you don't mind 1 EX hp then I'd say give it a go! It's probably your Delta membership that got/will get you in Amex via that mailer. Unless something significant changed in your EX CR recently then I think you're in with them. It's your call and do keep us posted. Smiley Happy

I applied after weighing my options. I can afford the inquiry as I have not applied for credit in some time. The application is in progress. They actually pulled my EQ and TU. I read that they do that for borderline applicants. I called in to see if they needed anything else and was told that a "special team" is almost done review the application and that I should receive a call soon with verification questions and their decision. I will just wait it out. I went into this without high expectations. At the very least, I am happy it wasn't a flat out denial. It shows me that if denied, I will be in a better position once I raise my scores a bit more. I will update you guys once I hear back from them. ::fingers crossed::

Sorry to hear that. Although I do believe your scores are too low for the card. But best of luck! Let us know what happens!

Message 12 of 22
drboxing
Established Contributor

Adel1385 just wondering how you made out with the AMEX Delta Gold app

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! So I've been checking the status online and it was "in progress" still until about 20 minutes ago. I checked and it changed to "cancelled." I figure I would call to see why. The rep I spoke to said they sent a letter out. She claimed to not know what it says, but told me it's most likely asking for verification. She said it will likely be a request for form T-4506, but she couldn't tell me for sure. I got off the phone with her and saw that I had a missed called from amex on my personal line. They didn't leave a message. I called back saying someone tried to reach out to me. The new rep said the department that is handling my application most likely tried to reach out to me. He couldn't transfer me to them, but said he would put a note on the account for them to contact me again. He said although it says "cancelled" online, it isn't really cancelled. It's just what the system does when the application is transfer to this other department. I guess I will just have to wait some more until I receive this letter. There is a link online, but I can't access the decision letter for some reason. It keeps saying the application cannot be accessed. The suspense is killing me!
Message 14 of 22
drboxing
Established Contributor

Amex attempted to call so hopefully that's a good sign, don't think they would call to tell you your app was declined. Hope everything works in your favor

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'll let you all know what the letter says when I receive it.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini-Update. I received the letter this morning. It's asking for income verification. It included a 4506 form. I don't have anything to hide, so I'm going to submit it. I do have a question though. I included my husband's income, but we filed separately last year. Should I include his W-2 along with the form? I also intend to send my last few pay stubs, because I got a $20k raise from last year AND I was on unpaid maternity for three months out of the year. All with a cover letter explaining. Short of handing off my first born, there's nothing more that I can do. Lol.
Message 17 of 22
drboxing
Established Contributor

Well it's good to know it wasn't a decline. Just needed income verification. That's good, keep us posted

Message 18 of 22
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Almost definitely an approval Ade1385! Just your SL probably pending decision. Yes keep us posted please.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious if there's an update to this. I got a mailer invite as well with my Skymiles card on it and I'm considering applying when my scores update for this month, as I've paid down 70% of my CC debt, with a projected score increase of about 20 points.

Thanks!
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.