Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Miles Gold app in Progress

jeiowa01
Valued Member

AMEX Delta Miles Gold app in Progress

Hey all!!!

So I had been doing a rebuild and as of today my scores stand at EX: 731 with one baddie from August 2014, charge off from sprint when I moved out of the country and forgot to pay the final bill  EQ: 790 and clean  TU 785 and clean.  No lates payments or anything in the last 7 years other than that one baddie.

App'd yesterday on a whim because I was pre-qualified on the website for this card and the delta platinum and the hilton surpass.  Got the dreaded we can't give you a decision now.  Gonna call in a few days and see if they need more info.  Checked the status and its still in progress.  They did a HP on EX but not the others.  Any thoughts as to my chances?  I don't even want to get a massive limit right now, I want to build to a larger limit than for another card in 6 months or so.

Hopefully I didn't waste a HP, but my scores are strong enough that I can wait till the baddie falls off in August and explore others card options.  Any card reco's for someone with my data?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cashorcharge
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Miles Gold app in Progress

I helped with an AMEX app this week and like you, the screen said to wait 7-10 days.  Checked online 30 minutes later and it still said in progress. Below that screen it said you can call us at XX number (I don't remember it but it's right there) and we called and said I'd like to get an update.  The message says something about "we'll call you if we need anything" but we called in anyway.  They asked some verifying questions and then proceeded to finalize and in our case, approved the app.  It took about 6 minutes so you can always try that.  I don't believe they are a 24 hour dept so it's likely too late tonight...I think it quoted Mountain Time so try calling tomorrow.  Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
jeiowa01
Valued Member

Re: AMEX Delta Miles Gold app in Progress

An update.  I spoke with Amex and they needed to verify info and they need a valid drivers license or state ID.  The problem is this, I live overseas and have been rebuilding from overseas.  So they can't accept my passport.  They said I could get a letter of validation from my bank although I don't know what that is.  I will see if I can get more info on that.  But, I did get approved for a Chase Freedom Flex yesterday for 3K (I bank with chase and it was instantly approved).  I may hold off on the Amex and wait till November when my cap one inquiry falls off and go for the CSP  (5/24 rule).  Then when I move back to the states go for an Amex Platinum Delta and Hilton Aspire.

I wasted a HP but I got a Chase card so not a total loss.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.