Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Everyday Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Everyday Odds

Just got an offer. Not sure if it's legit.

TU: 657
EX: 627
EQ: 599

EQ is reporting 1 baddie that has been deleted from my other reports.

79% utilization.

What are my chances.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Everyday Odds

EX score is a bit low....utilization is a bit high.

where was the offer from?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email from TransUnion.
Message 3 of 8
jbh
Established Contributor

IIRC, a fair # of credit pulls db, credit board and my fico participants seem to indicate that Amex prefers low util, good income and the fewer inquiries the better, i.e if you spree go with them first. I clearly cannot tell you if you would be approved but I know that when my CC util was near 100% I was in the 660 EX fico range and when I brought both cards down each to < 10 and had overall 3% util My ex went to 750+.

My profile/bucket may be different but I can promise you my approvals would not have gone through at a high util. If possible pay those balances off, as many cards <9 % first and then aim for overall < 9%. I would also suggest making them the only app if possible. I had 740+ fico on EX with 3 recent inq's (6 total) when they approved BCE for $2k. So I imagine if my score was 660+ and high util I would have been denied. 

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With your stats i would lean towards no. Amex has on occasion given new cards to low EX but 79% utilization is not good for any lender. Work on that and let your scores rise would be my suggestionSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Get that utilization down to at least under 50% prefer < 30%.. That is near maxed out as what is consider maxed is 90% utilization.  As you pay it down being utilization your will see a direct correlation of your score increasing by leaps and bounds as well

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I will not apply. I'll wait
Message 7 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

If you are a current Amex cardholder, feel free to app as all denials will only be a SP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.