Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Declined 716

tag
whoknows1
Valued Member

AMEX Gold Declined 716

Applied for Gold and declined with FICO EXperian of 716. They cited serious delinquency --- that's my old student loans that's been reconsolidated 2 months ago and have been on time for the past year. My current FICO EX is now 733. They told me they're going to send that into an executive review at that point they will do a HP and will show my current 733 score. The agent was kind of laughing but I didn't say anything, he was so rude. Any tips on what to do next?

Income: $159,000

Debt: $77,000

Monthly card spend to income: 7%

8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Gold Declined 716

Hi @whoknows1 and welcome to the myFICO forums.

At this point, just let it ride until the manual review or reconsideration process is finalized. If the outcome remains the same, just let some time pass before you can try them again. Typically, whatever decision is made during the review is final, just FYI.

You can check the status of your application online to monitor its progress.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @FinStar . 

I personally think your debt played a part in the denial.

But I agree, from what you posted, that agent was rude a heck! 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't stress about it. If they're willing to reverse their decision great if they're not willing to accept you with recon just remember there are many other lenders out there. Amex isn't the be all of all cards.
Message 4 of 9
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I wouldn't worry too much about that CSR laughing at you.  He likely makes less than a 1/3 of what you do.  People who laugh at others are usually miserable in my experience.  

Message 5 of 9
whoknows1
Valued Member

Got email this morning I'm approved.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats om your approval !!!!

Welcome to Amex family

Message 7 of 9
whoknows1
Valued Member

Thank ya. FYI for anybody else in the future in similar situation. The reconsideration line does work, but make sure you ask for an executive review.

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has been approved thread is now closed to further comments. OP is free to post in approvals if so desired.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.