Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Delta Card CLI Request waiting time

tag
MissEngineer83
Established Member

AMEX Gold Delta Card CLI Request waiting time

I have had the delta Amex card since August and have requested CLI's on a monthly basis (denied) and was finally told that there is a 180 day waiting period between requests. This is a bit extreme, is this normal for AMEX or just this card? And do they do they do automatic increases?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold Delta Card CLI Request waiting time

There's a whole thread on this you might want to check out titled "The Definitive 3X Amex CLI Guide" or something to that effect but it's a long read, so I'll sum it up for you.

You're eligible at 60 days and then upon approval at 180 days. If you're declined on a request and you're in the eligible period you have to wait 90 days. You'll need to wait until the day after,  so you'll see this referenced as 61, 181, and 91 days on MyFico.

If you're declined and you aren't eligible,  your eligible date doesn't change.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can request anytime. First eligibility is 61 days after opening the card. If you are denied a CLI at any time due to credit-related reasons, there is a 91 day waiting period before you're eligible. If you are given an increase, you must wait 181 days before you can be increased again. If you're denied simply because you pulled the trigger too early, it does not reset the clock - you just wait however many additional days it takes to reach your next eligible date.

ETA - beat me to it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can request anytime. First eligibility is 61 days after opening the card. If you are denied a CLI at any time due to credit-related reasons, there is a 91 day waiting period before you're eligible. If you are given an increase, you must wait 181 days before you can be increased again. If you're denied simply because you pulled the trigger too early, it does not reset the clock - you just wait however many additional days it takes to reach your next eligible date.

ETA - beat me to it Smiley Happy

Haha but you explained it better! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.