Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX HELP PLEASE :) Hilton or SPG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX HELP PLEASE :) Hilton or SPG

not a HP to apply for that card? any reason why not... ?

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

NVM... i see preapproved, not prequalified. Didnt know AMEX has that as an option. 

Rick

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its such BS. I have $12k on my Magnet.  They hounded to take the pre approved SPG. I do it and I get $1k...Ughhhhh...Anyway, How long did you have the Delta card before you asked for the CLI? Thats a big bump. Did you call? Did you tell them how much you wanted? What was the process like?

M

Message 13 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, given what you've shared on your other threads, the SL on your SPG is not surprising. Unfortunately, AmEx isn't really known for SL reconsiderations. Unless your account qualifies once activated, then you'd need to wait or possibly allocate from your other AmEx revolver.

I would've personally held off given your other recent activities. But, by your own admission, it can definitely be an impulsive thing for some folks. Of noteworthy, AmEx hasn't really seen a solid or established (internal) track record to warrant giving you anything higher on a 2nd CC. The credit world is definitely interesting for sure 👍
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the list. Which one of the dept's and #'s under Amex do I call to ask to recon my SL?

Thx

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, If you are already an Amex card holder, log onto your acct....Go the credit cards. The ones under "offers', click apply and it will say PRE-APPROVED" if you are. It's an SP if you are a cardholder.  If it says "Expand you Aex World" or something like that, be careful, that's an HP Smiley Happy

Let me know if you pull the trigger on the SPG and your SL, if you that's cool.

M

Message 16 of 23
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its such BS. I have $12k on my Magnet.  They hounded to take the pre approved SPG. I do it and I get $1k...Ughhhhh...Anyway, How long did you have the Delta card before you asked for the CLI? Thats a big bump. Did you call? Did you tell them how much you wanted? What was the process like?

M

Online — you type the limit you want. It was instant approval for me. Amex has some sort of 3x CLI after 61 days qualification. I should have asked earlier because I waited two years! (I've had mine since November 2016.) I just requested the CLI two months ago.

Message 17 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Neither...Amex keeps pushing Pre-appovals for both cards and they are SP's.

Just because they are pushing them doesnt mean you have to accept them if they dont fit your spend.

I could app for these, more likely get them via sp but if i am not realistically going to use them its a waste of time, sp or hp.  Learn early, only apply for what truely fits your spend and lifestyle, you will end up with less useless cards if you doSmiley Wink

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use it to vacation, but theres nowhere to go for $1k. LoL. Thanks for the advice.

Message 19 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, If you are already an Amex card holder, log onto your acct....Go the credit cards. The ones under "offers', click apply and it will say PRE-APPROVED" if you are. It's an SP if you are a cardholder.  If it says "Expand you Aex World" or something like that, be careful, that's an HP Smiley Happy This is not 100% true.  I have never been pre qualified for any card in my life nor Amex, but just because it says expand your membership,  doesnt necessarily equate to hp.  As a member , if your accounts are in good standing, most times you can still get a card with that language with a sp. I received my Magnet this way. Just want to clarify one shouldnt be turned off if they aren't preapproved  .

Let me know if you pull the trigger on the SPG and your SL, if you that's cool.

M

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.