Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRE-QUALIFY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRE-QUALIFY

Hey guys so looking at my scores do you think I have a good shot at the amex BCE? When I go to amex prequal site it says I only qualify for the Amex Green charge card, yet someone else on the board said no matches when he searched up and still got approved for a high SL!

Whats everyones experience with the prequals for AMEX?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRE-QUALIFY

I have 5 lates on my report with Capital one which card and account is current and have not had a single late for the past 3 years, They recieved my goodwill letter today so crossing my fingers that capital one can forgive those 5 lates considering I have an auto loan, additional credit card with them and have been with them for 7 years.

What you guys think of my chances to join the amex family?

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just posted in the approvals forum earlier about my experience with them.
I did the prequalified thing came back prequalified for Blue Cash, Everyday, and the Green... I applied for Blue Cash instantly approved for 500 dollars right after applied for Eveyday card and was instantly approved for 500 dollars. My Experian was 663, I have 4 medical collections on report, and average age of accounts is about a year and 2 months plus a lot of inquires. It was also only 1 hard pull for both cards.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh wow congrats! my AaoA is 4.5 years but my EX is at 630 Smiley Sad and prequal says only green charge card 

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The prequalified things can be iffy... about a month ago my husband had been prequalified for the same 3 as me has a higher credit score then me, only one collection and when he applied he was denied I was shocked especially since they said he prequalified. I will share one of the reasons for denial was not using existing cards which I thought was weird. About a year ago we did the SCT thing and got him a pottery barn card, over stock and Victoria's Secret because it came up pre approved and no hard pull to apply to help build his credit, needless to say we never used them and that was one of the reasons for denial. Good Luck if you decide to app
Message 5 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If your Ex is 630, i think you might be pushing the envelope on approval. While some have been getting Amex lately with lower scores than normal, i would try to at least get your Ex up to 650 to have a better shot. If you go for it now, i wish you all the bestSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

my EX jumped up to 640 because i dropped my utility to 4% but I think Ill wait to have at least a 670

Message 7 of 26
toostoosh
Valued Member

I would def say test your luck on their pre-qualification site. My FICO score was around 640, if that and I went through the pre-qual site and was approved for the AMEX Delta. Never thought I would have an AMEX with a score under 700.

UTIL as of 3/2019 - 9% | FICO Scores - (As of 3/2019) - EX 712 | TU 734 | EQ 727
Retail and Store Credit: Synchrony HOME - $4000 | Children's Place - $1K | Saks - $2250 | Neiman Marcus - $1500 | Ulta - $1K | JCP - $700 | Lowe's - $5300 | TJ Maxx - $900 | Macy's - $2000 | AE - $1650 | Tires Plus - $1400 | Abercrombie - $850 | Gap - $2500 | Old Navy - $2500 | VS - $1850 | BP - $900 | Chevron - $1750 | Citgo - $500 | Amazon - $6K | Belk - $300 | Bloomingdales - $300 | Express - $750 | Kay's - $5100 | CareCredit - $9800 | Walmart - $1600 | Discount Tire - $1700 | Sunoco - $300 | Kohl's - $600 | Zales - $1300 | Navy Fed CLOC - $500 | NewEgg - $1800
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was only prequalifying for the Green card but got approved for PRG and BCE.    My score is over 700.

Message 9 of 26
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

I had no pre-quals and cold apped the BCE with a 693 and got a $1k limit.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.