Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRE-QUALIFY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRE-QUALIFY

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I pre-qalified for the green for months before the BCE popped up on the amex pre-q , I figured I had no actual use for the green so I never apped but maybe it would have been a good move like you said to show amex my credit worthiness. It just sucks mistakes from 3 years ago still affect me today Smiley Sad 

Give it a few months and check the Pre-qual page again. When I applied with AMEX initially it was for the Green Card and not the BCE, but I was denied initially because of limited trade lines. I waited for a month and was prompted to convinced by their Credit analyst in applying for the BCE instead which I did and got approved. I never had any pre-qual offer at all on either one. When I got the approval for the BCE, I asked the Analyst if they could consider my application for the Green and was thankfully approved as well. But I think if your main goal is to get in with AMEX, try for the card that you are pre-qualified for and work from there. Use it wisely for a couple of months and see how your odds would be for the BCE after you've put some history in with them.  Best of luck to you!

Message 21 of 26
jsk0307
New Contributor

So I applied for the blue card preferred back in July and was denied. EX was 655 at the time and util was around 25%.

Reapplied 2 days ago and was approved. My EX is currently 701 and util is 9%. Received a SL of $2k.

Starting Score: 566
Current Score: 707
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for 2 AMEX cards about 3 days ago for the BCE and the Hilton Honors Surpass low SL but at least I am in the door.

Approved with 630 EX score

2 collections from 2 years ago total of about $3,200

8 lates from 2 years ago across 3 credit cards

14 inq

5 new recent accounts open

28% credit utilization

income of $48k 

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the Amex prequal is somewhat accurate, from my experience

I applied for the Amex ED a few days ago. Approved by some miracle. I tried the pre qual before apping and it showed as preapproved for ED, BCE, and a couple others I don't remember which ones. I decided screw it, and apped. Approved for the ED with a $500 CL, but it's something. Says I can earn a higher CL in 5 months if I use it every month and pay at least the minimum payment. I'm still sitting here wondering if its a joke or not lol.

I've been rebuilding for a couple of years, I have multiple medical bills in collections (15 to be exact...yikes) but never late on any CC payments or loans. My EX FICO is 643 with a AAoA of 10 months. Other bureaus have a bit higher score but not by much.

I listed my income as $21,000 (ugh). 6 inq on EX before app. No lates on past loans or CCs. I know I BARELY got in with Amex, honestly don't know how. 3 paid off car loans in the past. This makes 12 CCs in total. Open Sky ($200), Cap One secured ($500), The Build Card (500), Discover secured ($200), 2 different Citizens Bank cards (1600 and 2300), CareCredit (800), and 4 Comenity SCT cards (some 250 some 500). All with pitiful limits, but gotta start somewhere.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex $500 limit with CLI in 5 months is newish.  Amex lost customers after the breakup with Costco so they've created a rebuilder level card for those who are borderline.

They give you $500 to either prove yourself or hang yourself.

I'm excited to get to the point where they preapprove me -- hoping to see some prequals in 2017 so I can aim for that BCP eventually.

Congrats!

Message 25 of 26
drboxing
Established Contributor

I'm wondering if my new Amex Delta works the same way? I was given a $1000SL, if I pay the card on time for 5 more months will I qualify for a CLI

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.