cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum ... You are pre-approved! PLEASE ADVISE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum ... You are pre-approved! PLEASE ADVISE!!!

FINALLY!!!  I can't believe it finally happened.  I have been calling AMEX and checking online to see I was pre-approved for the Platinum, but was told by AMEX that it would take 12-months to be approved after having been approved for the AMEX Gold; however, it was six-months and one-day between being approved for the Gold and being pre-approved for the Platinum (and am now pre-approved for the Green, but I was merely checking to see if that too was approved even though I'm not applying for the Green card).  I'm now pre-approved for all cards after 5.75 years post-BK.

Question:  The current online offer in only 60, 000 MR points.  How long does one typically have to wait to get in the mail the offer I see others getting for 75,000 or even 100,000 MR points?  I don't think I can wait more than a couple weeks as I really, really want the lounge access due to weekly business travel.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum ... You are pre-approved! PLEASE ADVISE!!!

If you seen a solid apr on your pre-approval in the rates and fees section, your profile supports it and you don't mind the hefty AF, than go for it. Good luck on your application 🤞

Message 2 of 18
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Question:  The current online offer in only 60, 000 MR points.  How long does one typically have to wait to get in the mail the offer I see others getting for 75,000 or even 100,000 MR points?  I don't think I can wait more than a couple weeks as I really, really want the lounge access due to weekly business travel.

I can't say for certain but I would imagine they won't be offering a high sub for a while to encourage folks to get the Delta cards. 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 3 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Fire up a browser in incognito mode and troll cardmatch.com to see if you can pull up an incognito enhanced offer. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cardmatch.com doesn't work for me as I always get a blank white screen when I apply even incognito from different websites.  I've even email the company and they can't figure out why.  Massachusets may have 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went into a Chase branch to see if opening an account with the branch manager would help my chances for getting approved for a Freedom, and not surprisingly was told yes with no gaurantees.  I'm thinking of waiting on applying for the AMEX Platinum until I get approved for the Chase Freedom card, and then I'll submit for the AMEX Platinum and celebrate by closing the Credit One account. 

I also upgrade email yesterday by Capital One going from the Venture One card (not Venture Rewards) to the World Mastercard, but I don't yet know the details of the upgrade as the customer service reps weren't really able to tell me much about it.  I know it comes with an AF if I actually accept the upgrade offer.

Message 6 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I was going to say Incognito mode, but cf beat Me to itSmiley Very Happy

Good luck on your approval!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I would wait for the larger SUB, as the 60K offer can often be gotten on teh Gold. So the Plat should have higher goal expectation, especially with the higher AF. 

Patience is a thing, and it can often work out in your favor.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Platinum with the 75k offer 2 days ago. The offer is out there currently.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

BAM!!!!!!!!!    Welcome to my life!!!     I was just over 5yrs after Chpt 13 discharged before AMEX gave me love with the Everyday Blue Preferred.   Months later no CLI. I've tried my 3-4 times so far.....Nothing!     Started me with $1000.   Just know they will bring up your BK when applying for a CLI and will deny because of it if you decide to jump on a credit card.  Yes they let you in but they don't give you the pleasure of increasing your CL.   

After about 1 year after getting the Blue card I finally got pre approved for all their cards.  Hell I jumped all over them....Green Gold and Plat and the Blue Cash card!  lol   All in a 1 1/2 week time span at that.  Blue Cash they gave me $2k.  Still no CLI on my Blue Preferred.   Nov 2020 my BK drops off.    So CONGRATS on getting in!!!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.