Did you mean: 

AMEX lifetime ban?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX lifetime ban?

@Drifter73 wrote:

@CeesTweeter wrote:

I think I'll be a lifetime ban, I burned them for about 17k and then beat their lawsuit XD. They don't like me.

Me as well.

I tried for personal again yesterday, declined.

Then I tried to work around it for my business and declined.

It's been 30 years.

The rep said due to bankruptcy or account closure with balance I'm no longer eligible for any core products.

They would not allow me to get any balance information or pay it off.

I do have a CreditOne Amex (co-branded) 5%cb, which Amex referred me too last year as a solution when I tried to app back then.

It's been doing just fine for me.

You can call their Global Collections department, 800-921-6490, to pay them off. They will give you a disclosure that payment doesnt consititute approvals, etc. But once you pay them and it updates in their records you wont be on the blacklist and if you credit qualify, you will be approved.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 51 of 64
ShootingFor850
Established Member

I was told they have a memory like an elephant - never gonna forget.  Just for fun I tried a soft-pull prequal on AmEx (with a 750 Fico 8) and they rejected.  Granted, over 20 years ago, I beat them out of $40K through litigation on one account, and got a $2500 judgment against them on another.  I guess they are still holding a grudge.

Message 52 of 64
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ShootingFor850 wrote:

I was told they have a memory like an elephant - never gonna forget.  Just for fun I tried a soft-pull prequal on AmEx (with a 750 Fico 8) and they rejected.  Granted, over 20 years ago, I beat them out of $40K through litigation on one account, and got a $2500 judgment against them on another.  I guess they are still holding a grudge.

Some folks have reported being on the BL for 30+ years, so I suppose one can keep trying until they fall off from such a list 🤷‍♂️

Message 53 of 64
fastboat

well one more datapoint. i got my utilization ratio down under 1%...

my experian fico 8 is the highest it has ever been AFIK

and nada.

maybe it's time to give them a call.

fico.jpg

Message 54 of 64
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@fastboat wrote:

well one more datapoint. i got my utilization ratio down under 1%...

my experian fico 8 is the highest it has ever been AFIK

and nada.

maybe it's time to give them a call.

fico.jpg

My scores were 840+ and my utilization is always below 1% and it didn't help me.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 55 of 64
fastboat

Well, an update of sorts!

I have been applying roughly once a month and always getting the 'sorry we cant give you a card at this time' response. 

now finally somethintg different!

"

Thanks, !@#$%^&. We've received your application, but we can't give you a decision right now.

We'll process your application as soon as possible and send you a decision within 14 days."

kind of poor timing. my fico 8 is down to 771 and I am at a 24% utilization ratioif nothing else i'll pay that down and reapply next month. 

please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Message 56 of 64
fastboat

what a tease. almost ammidaiately in my inbox....

"Thank you for applying for the Platinum Card®. We're writing to let you know we cannot approve your application at this time because American Express cancelled your previous account(s)."

Smiley Sad

Edit:

I've been trying exclusively for the platinum card for lounge access... is there any chance i'd have beeter luck with their co-branded cards? I'm diamond with hilton and ambassador with marriott if that might help me... (i run about 250k a year through my chase marriot card on average, im at 140k right noiw year to date.) 

Message 57 of 64
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

@fastboat wrote:

what a tease. almost ammidaiately in my inbox....

"Thank you for applying for the Platinum Card®. We're writing to let you know we cannot approve your application at this time because American Express cancelled your previous account(s)."

Smiley Sad

Edit:

I've been trying exclusively for the platinum card for lounge access... is there any chance i'd have beeter luck with their co-branded cards? I'm diamond with hilton and ambassador with marriott if that might help me... (i run about 250k a year through my chase marriot card on average, im at 140k right noiw year to date.) 

DP's seem to suggest those are a little easier to get. Seems once you get your foot in the door and get a little positive history they will open it all the way up for you. I burned them IIB bk7 in 2015 and just over a month a ago applied for and was approved for the Everyday Preferred then the next day I apped for the Gold and got it also. They hard pulled EX and TU both times.

After running spend across both cards that month and paying in full when they cycled I noticed I had "Pre approved" verbiage for a few more of their cards showing up on my screen. That allowed me to pick up the Green Card and the Blue Business Plus one evening both with no HP.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 58 of 64
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i am thinking paying amex 2,000 which will drop off report next year before get blacklist... i seen other who pay and got back in in months 

>
Message 59 of 64
sjt
Senior Contributor

@911gt34life wrote:

i am thinking paying amex 2,000 which will drop off report next year before get blacklist... i seen other who pay and got back in in months 

It looks like the Amex charge-off was within the 7 years so it's on your CR. If this is correct, they are probably reporting monthly which suppresses your score. So, if you do pay them off, not only will you be off the blacklist, but you would probably get a nice score bump.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 60 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.