cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD FCU 3% card - 2 questions (new card # issue, credit limit increase)

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: AOD FCU 3% card - 2 questions (new card # issue, credit limit increase)

@gregorius wrote:

@Otto77 wrote:

Side note: I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not, but the card looks a little different to me. The AOD and Visa logos have a shiny foil look to them. I think my old card had flat white logos but I couldn't compare side by side since I destroyed my old card before getting the replacement.

You're not imagining it - they've definitely replaced some white with foil. I noticed the same early in the summer when I got a replacement card (shortly after they closed it to new applicants), which led me to think think the card was going to make a return.

My card was issued in June of 2020 and it has shiny foil. Maybe only the earliest cards had white. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 11 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

They did change it. I was approved in 4/20 with original design. I had a fraudulent charge a couple months ago. New number and card. I'm blind and could feel the silver, my SO told me the difference. 😊 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting back in - it took about 8 days to get a new card.  Everything appears to be ok.  It was sad to see the old one go; it was an "OG" card with the 3rd set of numbers being 0000.

AOD basically transferred the balance from the old card onto the new one.  I pay this off every 2 weeks to 0 and it bothered me to see a balance on there an extra 5 days.

Thanks everyone!

Shawn

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

AOD - Requesting CL increase - would you roll the dice?

I have the unicorn AOD card with the 3% flat cashback on everything.  Actually that's a lie - I'm an authorized user, my wife got the card.

The CL is $5k - that's all she reqested in March 2020.  We are heavy users of the card and PIF every month.

Since the card has been discontinued long ago, should we try to get a CL increase?  I almost hate to even try.

Just looking for any datapoints from anyone who has requested a CL increase since the Signature VISA is no longer offered.

Thanks.  One point of reference - we did have to get a new card number a few months back (after it became unavailable) and they sent us a new card quickly with the 3% intact, no problems).  So that has me thinking...well, maybe...?

Tell me I should let sleeping dogs lie and I will...Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AOD - Requesting CL increase - would you roll the dice?

In your very own previous thread you mentioned,

@unsungivy replied and said they tried and had no AA as far as losing their 3%?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Right, and @unsungivy stated he was denied due to too many new accounts, but his 3% wasn't affected.  Also this was in August last year - I'm here just to get more datapoints - hoping someone might say "Yeah, I did this in October, went from $5k limit to $20k". 

His card keeping the 3% at the same CL isn't the end all answer if my wife requested this (who won't have too many inquiries) and what happens to the 3%.  If they do actually submit a CL increase, they may do it under the current "new" terms of some 1% card.  Who knows, which is why I ask.

Is that not fair to ask?  Not sure why this was merged into this older thread, but that's fair, this is not my board to moderate.

Message 16 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Right, and @unsungivy stated he was denied due to too many new accounts, but his 3% wasn't affected.  Also this was in August last year - I'm here just to get more datapoints - hoping someone might say "Yeah, I did this in October, went from $5k limit to $20k". 

His card keeping the 3% at the same CL isn't the end all answer if my wife requested this (who won't have too many inquiries) and what happens to the 3%.  If they do actually submit a CL increase, they may do it under the current "new" terms of some 1% card.  Who knows, which is why I ask.

Is that not fair to ask?  Not sure why this was merged into this older thread, but that's fair, this is not my board to moderate.

@Anonymous - it was merged since the premise of the question is the same, whether it was a month ago or several months ago. The topic of discussion is the same.  Typically, most members provide an update on a previously authored thread in the event DPs may have changed or need fresh feedback from the community. This thread would be no different. If the topic was from a year ago (or much older), then that would be a different scenario.

Message 17 of 18
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

*She👍

SD - Biz -
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.