tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AODFCU - The App is in

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RootDet wrote:

Decided to apply for AOD, and now I am playing the dreaded waiting game. 

Good Luck!  Will be applying on Monday (after retrograde is over)!

Is it finally ending? This one has been pretty miserable... Hopefully Mercury takes some of this ridiculous heat with it too. It's not okay that it has been 90+ 20 days since June 1st!

Good luck, @RootDet! Smiley Happy

I'll trade you!! It's been 108-110 for almost 2 weeks now!! 😓 

But aren't you guys used to murderous heat? The Denver metro isn't. In Littleton, our average July high is 85 and our average June high is 80. As a result of such mild temps, plenty don't even have ACs. We aren't used to having 90s every day straight for like two weeks and yet our forecast is 93, 100, 95, 97, 97, 97, 91, 93, 93 for the next nine days (hit 95 today). 

Message 11 of 24
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RootDet wrote:

Is it finally ending? This one has been pretty miserable... Hopefully Mercury takes some of this ridiculous heat with it too. It's not okay that it has been 90+ 20 days since June 1st!

But aren't you guys used to murderous heat? The Denver metro isn't. In Littleton, our average July high is 85 and our average June high is 80. As a result of such mild temps, plenty don't even have ACs. We aren't used to having 90s every day straight for like two weeks and yet our forecast is 93, 100, 95, 97, 97, 97, 91, 93, 93 for the next nine days (hit 95 today). 

That stinks! We're actually higher than normal. We're supposed to break a record later this week. The end of July is when we have those known 115-118 temps. 😂 

Message 12 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re ya: AODFCU - The App is in

Unless y'all have 80 plus humidity, cry me a river on those 100 degree temps.😂

90 plus with 80 plus humidity in PR  feels much worse.

I've worked out in the desert for CA when the temperature was in the 100s. 

Unless someone told me, I wouldn't know it was that hot. My tolerance is much higher for dry heat. Verses the humid heat of the South.😆

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re ya: AODFCU - The App is in

@Gmood1 wrote:

Unless y'all have 80 plus humidity, cry me a river on those 100 degree temps.😂

90 plus with 80 plus humidity in PR  feels much worse.

I've worked out in the desert for CA when the temperature was in the 100s. 

Unless someone told me, I wouldn't know it was that hot. My tolerance is much higher for dry heat. Verses the humid heat of the South.😆

I can take humid heat with a working AC... our thermostat said 84 downstairs earlier today (AC was set at 78) and since my room is both upstairs on the other side of the house and has a massive skylight, it's always a few degrees warmer in my room. Pretty much can't sleep past 9AM because my room warms up so quickly and since I can't fall asleep until 4 or 5AM, it's really been affecting my mood as well as my anxiety. Total domino effect.

The past two days I have been putting a bowl of ice in front of my Vornado and that seems to work surprisingly well, even after the ice melts, sticking a washcloth in the bowl and tapering it up so that it wicks the water up to be evaporated - it's noticeably cooler air and while my room is too large for it to efficiently cool the whole thing, sitting with it blowing on me is easy to accomplish. Obviously this only works because our humidity is quite low - was single digits when I looked. I found a good deal on a refurbished NewAir portable evaporative cooler but the shipping cranks the price up $28 which wipes out most of the value so I'll just stick with my Vornado and bowl of ice/water. 

I am going to make the roommates get the AC serviced in the winter or spring because I'm not going to put up with this mess next year and it's 99% likely we won't be moving now. 

Message 14 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RootDet wrote:

Ya But you have been in the air conditioned wine cellarSmiley Tongue

Message 15 of 24
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

Good luck with the membership.

But, you are applying for a credit card, I heard two different things about the age limit needed to be.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 16 of 24
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RootDet wrote:

Ya But you have been in the air conditioned wine cellarSmiley Tongue

Not unless Daddy Warbucks is supplying me one. I have a poor mans cellar. Also known as an 8 bottle wine rack. 😜 😂 

Message 17 of 24
RootDet
Established Contributor

Well, they finally called. I was able to get membership but denied for the card. 

Apparently my proof of no debt si all fine and dandy but is m denied solely for "Excess number of open revolving accounts (21)".  Doesn't sound like they would budge there. 

Message 18 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear they denied you.

This is what I mean by timing.

At the beginning, they wouldn't have bat an eye at your open trade lines.

I had more than double that when I applied.

Good thing is, you're a member now.

And the door will eventually open.

Nephew just secured a fantastic auto loan rate with them last week.

Completely hassle free, no selfies or anything like that. Locked in his rate and check mailed all in one swoop.

Message 19 of 24
RootDet
Established Contributor

I got the distant impression that it is not about the #of accounts, it is more about the amount of available credit-related to my income. I provided them before I got off the phone my projected student loan payment which is literally the only DTI they can calculate here.  Maybe I will get lucky on the reconsideration. I truly did not expect an issue with debt payoff proof. 

I guess a calculated risk that backfired.  At this point, I am pretty much burned going to another CU too. I am too chex heavy for the time being. Enough for UNFCU to not even take my member application!  I had to phone In my report request as they would not allow me to pull it online. 

Back to the garden I go. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.