Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy of AMEX Pre-Approvals Through Their Website

tag
daxx
Established Member

Accuracy of AMEX Pre-Approvals Through Their Website

How accurate are the Pre-Qualified offers on the American Express website? My offers seem to be an entire range from the Amex family (Revlovers, Charge Cards) even though my EX score (EX 630)  would not support the application itself. 

Amex.PNG

Capital One Spark $1,600, Barclays Rewards $3,000,Amex Green NPSL, Amex Delta Gold $1,000, Amazon Store Card $1,100, Walmart Store Card $2500, QVC $2000, Khols $700

Starting 2/20 EQU-540 TU-588 EXP-530
Current 6/19 EQ-656 TU-645 EX-636
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accuracy of AMEX Pre-Approvals Through Their Website

That doesn't look the same as when I have had prequalified offers from them.  Given your current credit I would be surprised if they would offer you those cards but I could be wrong.  If your ok with the HP it doesnt hurt to try.  Let us know what you decide to do and what happens.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

no pre-quals are 100% accurate, but I have seen alot of people start out with the gold amex delta card or the blue cash everyday (not preferred) on these forums.  again, even with the more solid pre qual sites like chase and cap one, there's always a chance they will shoot you down. 

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, none of these are automatic or accurate. Your scores are on the edge, but I have seen some approvals with a score like that on less desirable cards.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.