cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice, apply for 2 cards at once, maybe 3?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice, apply for 2 cards at once, maybe 3?

One of the reasons I was worried about approval was a 39% UTI, still approved 

Message 21 of 35
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never recieved pre-approvals on their site and zero mail offers from Chase. I have been wanting the Chase Freedom Unlimited and was worried I would not get approved. I took a shot yesterday and was approved. Don't let pre-approvals and no mail offers scare you away. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the advice, I'm just waiting for the updated utilization to post, which should be tomorrow, to apply and I will update on the outcome. I

Good luck! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this isn't the question but considering you are under 5/24.

I would app for a chase card  if approved, I would use it  and hit the minimum spend for the SUB while I wait to get a second card from Chase.

Use it and hit the minimum spend for the SUB. If still under 5/24 perhaps work on a trifecta.

I would use being under chase's 5/24 to my advantage.

If i was denied for the first chase card. Then I would app for the other lenders.

It really depends on what cards you can really use and if you travel a lot, or just want cash back.

But speaking as someone who has lol/24 for chase. I would certainy try to get the chase cards i wanted first.

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the reasons I was worried about approval was a 39% UTI, still approved 

Wow, that's a high UTI, congrats on the approval. 

With my most recent payments I went from 7% to 3% UTI. 

Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this isn't the question but considering you are under 5/24.

I would app for a chase card  if approved, I would use it  and hit the minimum spend for the SUB while I wait to get a second card from Chase.

Use it and hit the minimum spend for the SUB. If still under 5/24 perhaps work on a trifecta.

I would use being under chase's 5/24 to my advantage.

If i was denied for the first chase card. Then I would app for the other lenders.

It really depends on what cards you can really use and if you travel a lot, or just want cash back.

But speaking as someone who has lol/24 for chase. I would certainy try to get the chase cards i wanted first.

Yes, thanks for the advice. That was actually my initial goal when I applied before. Unfortunately, right now I don't have plans to travel within this year because of the current situation. I think that airlines will try to incentivize people of banks so they can go back to business as usual which should mean great deals on flights once this is all over. Who knows, maybe if we're lucky there could be better bonuses for cards in the future. I'm planning to wait around a year to get the CSP, hopefully with a better bonus. 

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE 

I applied for both the keybank card and the CFU, I received ans instant approval for the keybank card with a credit limit of just $2000 and with Chase, the decision went to pending without a time frame for a response. I called to check if it's only verification but was only told that I'll get a response in 30 days by the automated service. 

Message 26 of 35
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE 

I applied for both the keybank card and the CFU, I received ans instant approval for the keybank card with a credit limit of just $2000 and with Chase, the decision went to pending without a time frame for a response. I called to check if it's only verification but was only told that I'll get a response in 30 days by the automated service. 

Congrats on the Keybank; Good luck to you with Chase! 

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

So I finally got the letter in the mail, saying that they needed to verify some info and to call. So I thought it would be the verify phone number and then I would get approved. 

It was a chaos, I called the number listed on the letter and got transferred to a lot of different departments, then I finally talked to a guy that said my number couldn't be verified but he could verify it was me by asking me personal information questions, I answered them all, put on hold for 5 minutes and then told me he would transfer me to the original number that I called in the beginning and that I would need to verify it was me again. After about a 30 minute wait, I was able to talk to another person which verified me again and put in hold again. A few minutes later he said that I need to fax a utility bill and a copy of my DL to verify my address. The only problem is that my sister and I share the house, and all the utilities bills are in her name. Will that be a problem? 

Message 28 of 35
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You should have asked if they have any acceptable alternates. If the utility bill doesn't have your name on it, you can't use it.

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

You should have asked if they have any acceptable alternates. If the utility bill doesn't have your name on it, you can't use it.

I was thinking of sending my DL and my last credit card or bank account statement, it has my name and address so hopefully it should work. 

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.