cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahh! Amazon/Chase has me shaking in my boots!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ahh! Amazon/Chase has me shaking in my boots!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Forgot to add...

Eq went from 610 to 616...Fico 8 for bankcard lending in 595 Woman Sad

Guess I'll wait for the rejection letters in the mail 

Have you called Chase recon about your Amzon card?  If NO, what are you waiting for?  That is what the reconsideration line is for.  Now, ring them and let us know what they say.  

thisssssssssssss!

@Scupra,

I am sensing OP -BellyBell is nervous /freaked out to call.  We shall see.  BellyBell, we are waiting for an updateSmiley Tongue

You are so very correct. Smiley Very Happy

I have no idea what to say. I'm going to do it on my break. 

Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Forgot to add...

Have you called Chase recon about your Amzon card?  If NO, what are you waiting for?  That is what the reconsideration line is for.  Now, ring them and let us know what they say.  

thisssssssssssss!

@Scupra,

I am sensing OP -BellyBell is nervous /freaked out to call.  We shall see.  BellyBell, we are waiting for an updateSmiley Tongue

haha! Once you take the hit, there is no harm in calling! Kiss butt a little and sell yourself Smiley Happy

+1.  I think some poeple are just not built for it.  Over the weekend, I was helping my neighbor with a recon and she was crying trying to recon. out of fear. What if this, that blah ..blah..  Seriously, they don't bite and it is on the phone.

Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Forgot to add...

thisssssssssssss!

@Scupra,

haha! Once you take the hit, there is no harm in calling! Kiss butt a little and sell yourself Smiley Happy

Good point.  ok ok...Im doing it. lol

Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know for sure that I was denied. I'm just guessing by my scores & their silence. Smiley Sad

Should I go ahead and call the recon line? Like a preemptive strike? lol 

@Anonymous,

I knew it.. Don't be nervous.  Take a deep breath, call and say you applied for the Amazon card and wanted to know if they need some more information to process the application.  That little line should be delivered with confidence and they will tell you the status - whether declined or approved.

Message 14 of 52
chalupaman
Super Contributor

After several times of recon over my time of having credit, I think I've grown used to talking to that department. Just remember to stay calm and confident in what you're saying and remember that they aren't going to bite just because you called them 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know for sure that I was denied. I'm just guessing by my scores & their silence. Smiley Sad

@Anonymous,

I knew it.. Don't be nervous.  Take a deep breath, call and say you applied for the Amazon card and wanted to know if they need some more information to process the application.  That little line should be delivered with confidence and they will tell you the status - whether declined or approved.

Great advice. Thanks. I can definitely get throught the first part without a breakdown. lol. I will beg if needed. 

Message 16 of 52
elim
Senior Contributor

Chase Amazon was my first app for rebuild, approved after verification with 666 TU and 638 EX (double pull for borderline applicant)

call em up! they are friendly and if denied you keep them on the phone and ask advice on when to app or what you should to to get this card because you really will use it... blah... blah. then they might reconsider then or you can feel out what to say to the next CS when you hang up and call back for recon #2(if required).

good luck!!

Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

After several times of recon over my time of having credit, I think I've grown used to talking to that department. Just remember to stay calm and confident in what you're saying and remember that they aren't going to bite just because you called them 

Calm and confident...got it. Thankfully they wont be able to see me shaking. lol

Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Great advice. Thanks. I can definitely get throught the first part without a breakdown. lol. I will beg if needed. 

Excellent..  report back when you have time on results.  Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Message 19 of 52
Scupra
Super Contributor

Wishing you luck!!! I second the calm and confident line Smiley Happy I always small chat about their day as well, Mondays are no fun so give the rep a reason to smile.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.