cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahh! Amazon/Chase has me shaking in my boots!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ahh! Amazon/Chase has me shaking in my boots!

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Tried to unfreeze my EXP today so I could get a report, but Experian decided it was a holiday for them.. Online never works for EX/EQ for me for whatever reason nor does the automated phone system.  It literally takes me 30 mins ot unfreeze and CR if I need it temporary lifted and they are closed?  Grr...  So long story short, EQ could be closed as well today OP.

@Anonymous,

For me, lifting a freeze online with those 2 is just a nightmare...

I haven't been able to do it online or via automate phone system in I can't imagine how long now.. Honestly I think it has to do w/dispute to see sp's w/regards to EXP.. Never had any luck with anything EQ related online though...  Only one I can do is TU, but don't keep a freeze on that one typically...  So ya talk to rep every time and they wonder why I am not doing it online or via automated phone system.. I so want to ring their necks of incompetence.

Message 31 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Tried to unfreeze my EXP today so I could get a report, but Experian decided it was a holiday for them.. Online never works for EX/EQ for me for whatever reason nor does the automated phone system.  It literally takes me 30 mins ot unfreeze and CR if I need it temporary lifted and they are closed?  Grr...  So long story short, EQ could be closed as well today OP.

@Anonymous,

For me, lifting a freeze online with those 2 is just a nightmare...

I haven't been able to do it online or via automate phone system in I can't imagine how long now.. Honestly I think it has to do w/dispute to see sp's w/regards to EXP.. Never had any luck with anything EQ related online though...  Only one I can do is TU, but don't keep a freeze on that one typically...  So ya talk to rep every time and they wonder why I am not doing it online or via automated phone system.. I so want to ring their necks of incompetence.

@Anonymous,

I am with you on that one. They need their behind kickedSmiley Tongue

Message 32 of 52
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

I am feeling your pain. I applied for the Amazon Visa card and didn't get the instant approval, I got the "we will review your application and let you know." I called the 800 number to check status and it basically said the same thing. sooo....now we wait 

EQ 686 TU 692 EX 673// Goal 725's across///Gardening 2/20/15...Up for air 11/20/15
Message 33 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayPaulM29 wrote:

I am feeling your pain. I applied for the Amazon Visa card and didn't get the instant approval, I got the "we will review your application and let you know." I called the 800 number to check status and it basically said the same thing. sooo....now we wait 

@JayPaulM29,

I hope it is the recon. number you are dialing.  In todays day and age, we don't wait to get a letter in the mail when you apply for a card.  We ring and ask the analyst to review the application manually.  They may be expecting a call from you...

Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me last week! With the chase Amazon. It is my first chase card! The only difference is none of my reports are frozen this time (I applied for a chase Freedom and had a frozen report and will write how that experience went too). But I applied for the chase Amazon last week I automatically got the review message and when I would call the status line it would just be dead air and then say "to repeat this information press 7" I call numerous number to all be told that my app is just pending and there's nothing saying approved or denied and I just had to wiat. Even called the Backdoor (underwriter number) then decided to call the underwriter number again (I was nervous too I am always nervous calling underwriters) she said she couldn't give me any information because my app in sitting in the verification department and I would have to Call that number but they were closed that day. She gave me the phone # and the reference # and told me to call the next day.

The next day comes and I'm still nervous to call. I really wanted to get in with chase. Had to wait till that evening because I was home that day with my kids and nephew. Later in the evening i called (still nervous) and the guy asked me some questions to verify it was me. Basically asking me about cards off my EQ report. It was my address that threw my app in verification. I live in a townhouse but it's a duplex with another townhouse attached. And I'm A and the other townhouse is B but we have the same number address and I just write A in the apartment/unit # section and the guy said my address came up with the A after the number part of my address like 15A instead of 15 Cool Road #A I said yeah that's fine and he left it like that and told me I was approved. So I was nervous to but with the help of this board I Pushed through it and now have my first chase card.
Message 35 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh chase also pulled EX and EQ for me since I was boarderline too. Still rebuilding so I'm sure I was boarderline
Message 36 of 52
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

I just called the recon line. I didn't get approved for the Amazon Chase. She told me to check back in 6 months. It's all good tho. I wonder if I'll qualify for the Chase Freedom.

EQ 686 TU 692 EX 673// Goal 725's across///Gardening 2/20/15...Up for air 11/20/15
Message 37 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JayPaulM29 wrote:
I just called the recon line. I didn't get approved for the Amazon Chase. She told me to check back in 6 months. It's all good tho. I wonder if I'll qualify for the Chase Freedom.

Chase Freedom is easier then the Amazon for whatever reason... Try Chase's pre-qual site every week and eventually you will get a pre-qual if you don't already have one and they are pretty much golden.  Just make sure you are opted in.  optoutprescreen.com

Your Scores are around the Freedom range for sure, obviously other factors on your report my impact your approval though as well

Message 38 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's ny story with the chase Freedom I apploed a couple months ago and thought I unfroze all my reports but EQ was still frozen. System automatically denied call the Backdoor number and they told me to unfreeze EQ and call back and they will finish processig the application. Did it and called right back. They put me on hold pulled the report and denied me. I recon'd 2 times and both denied.

For me the Chase Amazon was easier to get approved for. When I tried for the Freedom they pulled EQ EX and TU and was denied. When I applied for the chase Amazon they only pulled EQ and EX and was approved. The only difference is like a couple months time and my EQ did go up 70-80 points to 640 but my EX and TU score when I applied for the freedom was higher then 640 (660 and 650) and got denied Smiley Sad

I shop at Amazon a lot and wanted the chase Amazon at some point but wanted the freedom first (I really like the 5% and don't have a 5% card and already had the Amazon store card since October so I really wanted the freedom first but it didn't work out that way for me! Don't get me wrong the Amazon visa was a card I really wanted and I'm very very happy to be in with chase. I'll give it 6 months-12 months of gardening and try again. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Message 39 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also definitely listen to CreditCurosity. He helped me a lot with my Chase Amazon App!! I also checked chases pre-qual once a week to see if maybe the freedom will pop up but so far no luck but I'm going to keep trying till I get the Freedom to pop up for me!
Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.