Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Credit Union Visa Signature

Hey y’all
Just need some opinions on applying for the Visa signature cc with Alliant and what are my odds of getting an aproval.

EQ 640
EX 671
TU 678
UTI (high)
Any feedback is appreciated
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union Visa Signature

I think it may be fairly low or if you do get approved, it'll be a low limit card. I would bring the UTI down before applying. Depending on how high the UTI is, you may be leaving anywhere between 25-100 points on the table.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

With those stats and the stipulation that signature card = 5000.00 CL minimum, I'd estimate your chances at zero.

Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Applying for cards with high utilization is a bad idea. Applying for Credit Union credit cards with high utilization probably worse as they take dti very serious.
Message 4 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

echo what others are saying... low chances get utilization down and as a result scores will rise and alot better shot at getting approved. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With those stats and the stipulation that signature card = 5000.00 CL minimum, I'd estimate your chances at zero.

Its funny I just got off the phone with Alliant rep and he told me that min starting limit is 15000 for VISA SIGNATURE lol.  Not quite sure if he knows what he's talking about.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Applying for cards with high utilization is a bad idea. Applying for Credit Union credit cards with high utilization probably worse as they take dti very serious.

I think so too

Message 7 of 15
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its funny I just got off the phone with Alliant rep and he told me that min starting limit is 15000 for VISA SIGNATURE lol.  Not quite sure if he knows what he's talking about.

"Normal" Visa sigs have a 5000 CL minimum, but some lenders (notably Chase and US Bank) still issue those cards with <5k lines.

The Alliant Visa Signature used to say 10k minimum CL on their website, but now it's simply changed to "generous credit line". In any case OP, given the minimum SL, your scores and util, as well as the fact that Alliant is known to be conservative, I'd say your chances of getting the card is pretty much 0.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for this card and asked for “max allowed” and was declined. Too many recently opened accounts. Said $15K on the AA letter. TU 697 with 18% Util

As far as high UTIL goes, I was approved for a $10K Penfed Power Cash Rewards card with 78% utilization overall and 5 maxed out credit cards.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for this card and asked for “max allowed” and was declined. Too many recently opened accounts. Said $15K on the AA letter. TU 697 with 18% Util

As far as high UTIL goes, I was approved for a $10K Penfed Power Cash Rewards card with 78% utilization overall and 5 maxed out credit cards.

Thanks for sharing this.  When did you actually applied for the PENFED PCR?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.