cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Platinum CLI ..HP? OR product change SP??

tag
Classroom-Middle
Established Member

Alliant Platinum CLI ..HP? OR product change SP??

I have had the Platinum card for a year now and the 12 month 0% offer is over. Im trying to stay under 5/24 so i was thinking of doing a CLI on the cad but i dont want a hard pull on my file. While doing a little research i saw on Doctor of Credit i read that it may be possible to get a product change and then it would be a soft pull for the CLI. does anyone have experince with this???

3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alliant Platinum CLI ..HP? OR product change SP??

@Classroom-Middle wrote:

I have had the Platinum card for a year now and the 12 month 0% offer is over. Im trying to stay under 5/24 so i was thinking of doing a CLI on the cad but i dont want a hard pull on my file. While doing a little research i saw on Doctor of Credit i read that it may be possible to get a product change and then it would be a soft pull for the CLI. does anyone have experince with this???

The product change will not incur a HP, but the CLI request will trigger a HP in the majority of cases. 

Also, the most common reference about 5/24 (at least for Chase CCs), pertains to new accounts in the past 24 months, not inquiries.

The only thing that I can't recall at the moment is whether the PC resulted in a new account reporting to the CRAs since the account number changed (I'll have to look and confirm since it's been several years when I PC'd mine after receiving an offer to upgrade).

Message 2 of 4
Classroom-Middle
Established Member

wow ...i didnt even think about it possibly becoming a new account. thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Classroom-Middle wrote:

wow ...i didnt even think about it possibly becoming a new account. thanks for the info.

@Classroom-Middle - I'll double check and post an update. But, as far as the HP for the CLI, that's definitely something you'll need to consider if you're attempting to avoid one.  Most data points indicate it's a HP. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.