Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant said “go to garden”

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant said “go to garden”

I thought this was funny and I’m not even remotely surprised by it because of my current status of new accounts. 

I applied for the Platinum Rewards and they sent me the PDF of the AA notice. 

18C85BB0-C9C6-4C33-AABB-ED7B79C57931.png

No problem with my BK, just new accounts and inquiries 😂 

Since I got the IT Miles with cash back match totaling 3% it makes sense to just hit the garden for a year. Totally cracked me up when I saw that though. 

I went on quite the app spree and really didn’t need to have a 5th account drag my AAoA down anyway, it’s already going under 2y and when I joined MF it was like 4y. smiley-laughing021.gif

For DPs sake, I’m 16/24, 10/12 and 2/6 as far as what’s reporting right now and I had 11 inquiries on TU. They pulled TU9 @ 759 so it wasn’t even a score question and utilization is <5% aggregate and <30% individual. 

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant said “go to garden”

Image result for farmer brown
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

smiley-laughing021.gif

I really hate gardening... but I have Disco cash back match to get and I don’t want to waste it like last time. 

Message 3 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, Alliant can be somewhat conservative, especially more these days. During my 2nd phase of CU explorations (circa 2015), this one was hard to pass up and eventually got upgraded to the Visa Signature w/AF. I'm sure I would have met the same fate if I had waited this long to apply given the other activities and overall exposure.

Hey, at least you tried them. There are still some gems out there.
Message 4 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

They definitely were leaning conservative anyway. The amount listed for the amount requested on the document was $2500. 

I may try them again in a year or I may not. We will see what happens inbetween. 

DCU also told me to kick rocks on a CLI but they actually told me that they’ll consider it in February (12 months as a member) and that their main concern is that I have had a bankruptcy before. They actually called me and everything. I have to say I like that personal touch a lot more. They also didn’t charge me a HP for the app either. 

Message 5 of 62
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

COMENITY!!!!!😄
Message 6 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
COMENITY!!!!!😄

Ha! Not happening mister bad influence!

Message 7 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you are at 20/24! I thought I was bad at gardening at 12/24! Smiley LOL

We need a garden with very high fence and a heavy duty lock! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, you are at 20/24! I thought I was bad at gardening at 12/24! Smiley LOL

We need a garden with very high fence and a heavy duty lock! Smiley LOL

The 20/24 isn’t as bad as the 14/12 honestly 😂 

But yes, I need something that will keep me locked in the garden haha. 

Message 9 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂😂😂 I'm feeling the same way. Applied for the Chase Ink business card and got my denial letter today. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Too many requests for credit in last 12 months. I don't even know why I tried considering I just opened TWO cards with them last week (Sapphire Preferred and Freedom Unlimited) lol! Wounded by the denial I ran to Capital One to apply for the Spark and again was denied. Geesh...why didn't I learn the first time? 🤷 Now I have 10 inquiries last 12 months..ugh! Def garden time. 👩‍🌾
Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.