Did you mean: 

Alliant said “go to garden”

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant said “go to garden”

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

Gardening is never pleasant for a myFICOer! 

All I have to look forward to is 180 day CLI intervals when I get to put my hands out and say, "Please Sir, may I have some more?" I can't wait for December 21st to get here. 

Dec 21st is the exact date I earn my Platinum spade. It will be the first time I’ve gone that far and I honestly hope nothing deters me from my goal. 

When I went into the garden, I decided to use nature's calendar to keep time for me. I follow the equinox and solstice to transact credit business, it is much easier for me to remember this way.

Winter Solstice - December 21 - The day with the shortest period of daylight for the year

- Call or go online to request from creditors SP CLI and decrease APRs on 181/6 CCs

- Make an application for one goal credit card if not in the garden

Spring Equinox - March 21 - The beginning of spring

- Request CLI for new CC obtained Dec 21st

- Use sock draw cards to keep them active

Summer Solstice - June 21 - The day with the longest period of daylight for the year

- Call or go online to request from creditors SP CLI on 181/6 CCs

- Make an application for one goal credit card if not in the garden

Autumn Equinox - September 21 - The beginning of autumn

- Request CLI for new CC obtained Jun 21st

- Use sock draw cards to keep them active

Once I am below 5/25, this should keep me 4/24 if I maintain this cycle

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 31 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

[edited]

I just want the shiny pretty cards. I want them now but I know that I can't just yet. I know better than to overspend; that hasn't been the problem lately. (Thanks to this forum, I am educated and am channeling my compulsive behavior into checking my balances and paying them down.) I just want the cards. They're so pretty. Smiley Very Happy

You’re doing things the right way. I still don’t get how I managed to spiral out from 3 cards in March 2018 with $9250 TCL to what I have now. It’s been one heck of a crazy ride for sure but I have finally hit the wall where my FICO score is going to be taking a hit because I reduced my AAoA so far. I am going to be in forced garden mode and once I hit the $100K with CLIs, I am going to have to start pruning some cards. 

I'm only doing things the "right" way because I don't have the option of doing them the "wrong" way! My profile and score won't allow for that. I keep pushing now and then and realize that I'm just not "there" yet.

I've been explaining the "Credit Boards" (as I call this forum) to a family member, who rolls her eyes and just doesn't get it. She worries that the seeking of new credit cards will trigger irresponsible spending. I explain that it doesn't necessarily follow. Thanks to the community here, the pressure to keep balances down and not spend foolishly is ever-present. We have a motivation to control our spending and be responsible... so we can be approved for more cards! Smiley Very Happy

As long as that is the primary motivation (keeping a good score, being able to acquire more cards because we are responsible with our finances) then I think we're all good to go. It's not a bad "addiction" to have!

Message 32 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL! You need to cut back and let your newbies age Smiley Happy. You've gotten a lot these past months!
Message 33 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

[edited]

I just want the shiny pretty cards. I want them now but I know that I can't just yet. I know better than to overspend; that hasn't been the problem lately. (Thanks to this forum, I am educated and am channeling my compulsive behavior into checking my balances and paying them down.) I just want the cards. They're so pretty. Smiley Very Happy

You’re doing things the right way. I still don’t get how I managed to spiral out from 3 cards in March 2018 with $9250 TCL to what I have now. It’s been one heck of a crazy ride for sure but I have finally hit the wall where my FICO score is going to be taking a hit because I reduced my AAoA so far. I am going to be in forced garden mode and once I hit the $100K with CLIs, I am going to have to start pruning some cards. 

I'm only doing things the "right" way because I don't have the option of doing them the "wrong" way! My profile and score won't allow for that. I keep pushing now and then and realize that I'm just not "there" yet.

I've been explaining the "Credit Boards" (as I call this forum) to a family member, who rolls her eyes and just doesn't get it. She worries that the seeking of new credit cards will trigger irresponsible spending. I explain that it doesn't necessarily follow. Thanks to the community here, the pressure to keep balances down and not spend foolishly is ever-present. We have a motivation to control our spending and be responsible... so we can be approved for more cards! Smiley Very Happy

As long as that is the primary motivation (keeping a good score, being able to acquire more cards because we are responsible with our finances) then I think we're all good to go. It's not a bad "addiction" to have!

Hahaha I totally get it. 

I would use my cards a lot more for actual purchases if I wasn’t chasing additional credit cards and I think the lenders know that too and that’s really why they frown on excessive seeking so much. 

There are a few more cards I would like to get but they all require a long period of gardening so my new IT Miles is going to get a lot of spend and Disco is gonna love me this next 12 months. Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
LOL! You need to cut back and let your newbies age Smiley Happy. You've gotten a lot these past months!

I know, I know. The closer I get to $100K, the more urge I have to app. 

Message 35 of 62
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous so what ever became of langley?  No go as well I am guessing since havent seen approval?  They are a very tough nut to crack for alot of us. 

Message 36 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous so what ever became of langley?  No go as well I am guessing since havent seen approval?  They are a very tough nut to crack for alot of us. 

I haven’t heard anything yet @CreditCuriosity so I am assuming it’s a denial. It was a long shot app sent in when my profile was less than optimized with no relationship so it isn’t unexpected. It was more a “I am out of the garden so I am going to get it all out of my system” spree. 

I landed the first 3 cards I applied for - Citi Rewards+, Discover IT Miles, and Target REDcard which puts me at 8 cards in 6 months. Quite a successful run and I’m happy with it. 

No from:

NFCU (max unsecured limit)

Alliant

DCU for CLI (they want a year of history because of my BK so she said to ask in February)

Bank of America (almost positive this letter will be because I burned them in BK - it was just a “test the waters and see if they can be in future plans” app)

Considering everything in my signature is from 3/2018 til now except my QS which I got in 3/2014 and I have only gotten “no” from the above plus US Bank (who I burned in BK), Commerce Bank, Wells Fargo, Barclays, PenFed (this was a year ago when I had only two new accounts 6 months prior so I never bothered again), Citi (until now), and Amex (for an additional card), I would say I am extremely satisfied overall. It isn’t @pizza1 or @Gmood1 level of success but for my income and profile, it’s definitely pretty wild. 

I will just wait out the Langley app and see what happens. If it shows up in the mail one day, I’ll make a post 😂 

Message 37 of 62
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, you are at 20/24! I thought I was bad at gardening at 12/24! Smiley LOL

We need a garden with very high fence and a heavy duty lock! Smiley LOL

Or maybe the electric fences—like surrounding Jurrasic Park 😂🤣😆

@CreditInspired even that didn't work for the Garden... we tried it. Smiley Frustrated

electricfence2.gif

My tester:

learning_to_use_a_fence_tester_4.jpg

Message 38 of 62
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OMG @UncleB, I really got a chuckle out of this one first thing this morning. Your tester is priceless;😆 not to mention the gloves for extra precaution to prevent you from being shocked since we can’t keep @Anonymous in the garden. Hilarious!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 39 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

OMG @UncleB, I really got a chuckle out of this one first thing this morning. Your tester is priceless;😆 not to mention the gloves for extra precaution to prevent you from being shocked since we can’t keep @Anonymous in the garden. Hilarious!

I don't post much in the garden club these days but I AM actually committed to gardening this time. Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.