Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I SOL for applying for cards?

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I SOL for applying for cards?

What is the green flash? Is that the start of the aurora australis?

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 15
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

Some info on the green flash here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash

It actually has to do with the way the sunlight refracts in the atmosphere as it dips below the horizon. The green light wavelengths separate from the others and make that flash. You can only see them usually for a fraction of a second at sunset/sunrise. At the south pole we have a unique positioning so ours lasted ~10 seconds which allowed me to grab that pic.

Message 12 of 15
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

So some other good news as well. I managed to get AT&T to get my number forwarded down to where I am now and had Chase call me on a recon. Recommended for approval as well on a Disney Rewards Visa but have to have one more approval done by a Sr Lender. Looking good though!

The other Barclay Card I got was a Choice Privileges Visa Signature

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news all around! Glad to hear on your card approvals and thanks for sharing the pics and info. about the South Pole.

Message 14 of 15
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@astrangerwcandy wrote:

Some info on the green flash here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash

It actually has to do with the way the sunlight refracts in the atmosphere as it dips below the horizon. The green light wavelengths separate from the others and make that flash. You can only see them usually for a fraction of a second at sunset/sunrise. At the south pole we have a unique positioning so ours lasted ~10 seconds which allowed me to grab that pic.

That is really cool. I will have to read up more about that. Thanks for the pics and congrats on the cards. Smiley Happy

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.