Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I approved

Hey there,

I applied for the citi secured card on Saturday 5/19. I got the 7 to 10 day message like most others. I received an email on Sunday with my application number and a website where I could check the status of my application. I checked and it said still processing, so impatiently I called in to check and didnt get any info other than the application was still being procesed. The next day (Monday) I checked on the website again and got an error message saying that there was a system error caused a delay in the processing of my application so I called in again. I was given the same information that the application was being processed. I woke up to an email alert today that Citibank had taken security deposit from my bank account.... so I think this means I am approved!!! Fingers crossed. I tried to get more info out of them today but they arent telling me anything other than it still being processed...lol

I never had a citi card before. I am excited but a lil anxious.. never had a secured card that would take so long to graduate. Will this card boost my credit score? How much should I anticipate? It's currently low (547). I wanted to try for the Discover it secured but didnt get a preapproval so will this card help me get there?

I would appreciate any info on the journey of someone who went through the secured process to get into the door. I know that I am a ways off but I hoping for a Sapphire in my future.

2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Am I approved

Heard they were slow as molasses, but if they pulled the money, youve been finalized.

Message 2 of 3
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

Re: Am I approved

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Heard they were slow as molasses, but if they pulled the money, youve been finalized.

Yup, exactly this. They will only withdraw the money if your application has been approved.

Congratulations on your first step towards building great credit! You'll have that sapphire in no time.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.