Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I on the Barclaycard Blacklist? Yeah probably

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I on the Barclaycard Blacklist? Yeah probably

Hello Friends,

I burned Barcalycard in 2009 for $3000 (Barclaycard Virgin America). Applied last night, instant denial. I thought I'd reached that proverbial brick wall with too many recent inquiries/new accounts. Does not show on CF. I'm 99.9% sure they did not pull EX. I get an instant alert when I have an inq.. Probably TU. My stats are 717 score, 54,500 income thickish file only one collection still showing OPEN on TU even though its PAID CLOSED. I decided to test that theory and apply for another card and BAM, approved! Fifth/Third approved me for $17,000 Truly Simple MC. I thing they also pulled TU. I've read Barcaly does not like Charge Offs, especially their own. No way to tell what really happened though, except Fifth/Third opened the LOVE door. Hopefully this story helps and educates you all.  I am now Truly done with any more apps until April 1, 2019! To the garden I return. 

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Am I on the Barclaycard Blacklist? Yeah probably

Congrats 🎈 🎉 on the new approval sorry about Barclays but from all the AA I am reading about lately from them,I would not worry about it Op , plenty of other lenders out there
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks aduke yeah looks like its barclays loss not mine, thanks again!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Barclaycard and included them in my chapter 7. Applied last year and instant denial. Called for recon and he said it was due to my previous relationship with them. 

He did let me know that they didn't pull my credit because of this. So my husband applied instead and was approved for the Arrival+. Seems they have a list. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Barclays for a small Juniper Bank account back in 2005 or 2006 (like $200 or so). It was charged off then, and around 2010, I settled the debt with a debt collector for less than the full amount. I only learned about their blacklist a few years ago, when I tried to app for an apple visa. I was denied so I called to recon. The representative was really nice, but she admitted to me that I may never get approved because of the prior debt. I've applied twice since then (most recently last year) and I'm still blacklisted (I got a letter saying they didn't check my credit). So I guess Barclays has a long memory, at least for me!
Message 5 of 12
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

I had owed Barclay's about  $1500.  Fell off my report about 1 year ago.  Never fully paid.

They denied me and said it was because of the previous bad debt.  No credit was pulled.

I like the fact that they spare the hard pull.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see Barclaycard is not much of a fan of second chances...

Message 7 of 12
padme
Established Contributor

sad to hear but I got a high interest card like 2 years post BK7. at 25%, never can get them to lower it. Didn't have many cards that had any big lines at the time.
Message 8 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I burned Barclays for a small Juniper Bank account back in 2005 or 2006 (like $200 or so). It was charged off then, and around 2010, I settled the debt with a debt collector for less than the full amount. I only learned about their blacklist a few years ago, when I tried to app for an apple visa. I was denied so I called to recon. The representative was really nice, but she admitted to me that I may never get approved because of the prior debt. I've applied twice since then (most recently last year) and I'm still blacklisted (I got a letter saying they didn't check my credit). So I guess Barclays has a long memory, at least for me!

Same here... I'm also blacklisted due to an old Juniper account.

In my case I found out in 2015 when I apped for Sallie Mae.  I admit I was discouraged at first, but now I'm glad it worked out the way it did (I didn't know of all the AA drama when I applied, and FWIW I would have been a likely candidate for AA with them due to new accounts).

Like others have mentioned, no HP was done (I didn't bother with recon).  So far, Barclays seems to be the only lender from the "old days" that I am unable to get back with.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah . . no JetBlue Mastercard for me :-/

I had numerous Juniper/Barclays cards IIB.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.