Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Express Delivery? Update: Applied and Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Express Delivery? Update: Applied and Denied

Hello all,

Looking to apply for this card in the next few days. I want to use it to check-in on a stay that begins June 20th. 

How long does it take to receive? Can it be expressed/overnighted?  If I applied on June 16th would that be too late? (Trying to wait for the second statement on my Delta Plat to cut). 

Updated: Applied June 14 and the results......

Denied due to bankruptcy. Smiley Sad

I got my first card with AmEx (the Delta Plat) 44 days ago. I was 5 years 1 month past BK filing.

Bright side is today's app seems to be a SP. No notifications of a HP.

Stats:

I believe they are still using my old score which was Ex 698 when I received my Delta Plat last month. It is now 711. 

Util - overall was about 4%, Discover It card 750 balance/21,500 CL 3%, NFCU card 3,000/18,000 16%. This month my overall utility is about the same. 

I did report higher income because I got a new job that gave me a substantial raise. 

Wondering if it is worth a call for AmEx is to reconsideration on this... What do you guys think?

I still have the authorized user card and will still rack up points. But I really wanted my own card, as well as the extra benefits of the Bonvoy Brilliant. Smiley Sad

Mods-with the update on my application status and questions, should this be moved to credit card applications?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Express Delivery?

My last Amex was sent UPS next day but it did take them one full business day to send it out. So I applied on a Tuesday after business hours. It was sent Thursday morning, arrived Friday.

You do get immediate access to the card number though, so you could add it to your digital wallet.
Message 2 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I know others sometimes get it, but I don't think they've ever offered me an instant card number. This is for 4 instant online approvals for personal cards (other cards I got by phone application and one went pending).

If you call on the day of approval, though, you can usually get a card expedited. The Delta Platinum I added this month was automatically expedited and it was just a $195 AF card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

I've had AU cards overnighted to alternate addresses listed on my account when the card I ordered to be shipped to my billing address didn't show up on time. They cancelled the one that was still in transit, ordered the replacement card, and had it overnighted to the alternate address. It took the right CSR to do it and I was transferred a time or two, but it can be done. The customer service is one of the best aspects of Amex.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Looking to apply for this card in the next few days. I want to use it to check-in on a stay that begins June 20th. 

How long does it take to receive? Can it be expressed/overnighted?  If I applied on June 16th would that be too late? (Trying to wait for the second statement on my Delta Plat to cut). 

A new card is different from a replacement/AU card. A replacement/AU can arrive overnight, a new card will take 2 days to produce/ship at the fastest. Adding one more day to arrive, you are dangerously close to 20th. You really need to do this as soon as possible to leave yourself some wiggle room.

At least for the gold, AmEx gave me an instant digital number that can be added to a digital wallet, I'm not sure if that works for your situation.

Message 5 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

I got my Platinum overnight....

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the information. Sorry I'm just responding. Been busy changing apartments and need to be out very soon. 

I took your advice and just applied, as my statement cut 1 day earlier than I expected.

And the results...... Declined due to bankruptcy. Smiley Sad I already have one card with them that I got last month because I was 5 years 1 month past BK filing.

Wondering how open AmEx is to reconsideration on this...

I still have the authorized user card and will still rack up points. But I really wanted my own card, as well as the extra benefits of the Bonvoy Brilliant.Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.