cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase card denied from Bankruptcy over 9 years ago!

tag
Delta_man

Amazon Chase card denied from Bankruptcy over 9 years ago!

I applied for an Amazon Chase so I could get a $70 discount on a lawn mower. I was denied! I called Chase because I thought there was an issue validating my address. Nope, Chase denied me because of my Chapter 7 that was discharged over 9 years ago! **bleep**? Since my BK I have opened several credit cards, got a mortgage for a house and two vehicle loans at 3.5%. I just got a credit card from Discover with a $16,500 credit line. My credit is very well re-established and I am not over extended. My FICO score is 730. I make over $150k a year. I have been a Chase banking customer for at least 10 years. 9 years after at BK? What the hell is going on with Chase?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Clockworkz
New Contributor

Re: Amazon Chase card denied from Bankruptcy over 9 years ago!

Yeah they hold grudges, I also can't get in with them anymore.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 750

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Delta_man wrote:

I applied for an Amazon Chase so I could get a $70 discount on a lawn mower. I was denied! I called Chase because I thought there was an issue validating my address. Nope, Chase denied me because of my Chapter 7 that was discharged over 9 years ago! **bleep**? Since my BK I have opened several credit cards, got a mortgage for a house and two vehicle loans at 3.5%. I just got a credit card from Discover with a $16,500 credit line. My credit is very well re-established and I am not over extended. My FICO score is 730. I make over $150k a year. I have been a Chase banking customer for at least 10 years. 9 years after at BK? What the hell is going on with Chase?

The general consensus in these forums is that Chase will not approve an application for credit while there's a bankruptcy on record.  Was Chase included in your bankruptcy?

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its ChaseSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Delta_man wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forums 

If BK is still showing on your CR, app will be denied even if they were not included in BK 

In the past, recon was possible, but they've changed their policy since 

Maybe Amazon store card would be a decent choice for you at this time 

Message 5 of 10
Delta_man

Ridiculous. Chase was never part of my BK. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same exact denial when I applied at 9+ years post BK.  I don't think I'll ever get back with Chase.  I still check the pre-qual link since my BK is gone and still nada.  The grudge is deep.   Sorry Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Delta_man wrote:

Ridiculous or not, their current policy is no approvals with BK on file. 

Again, you could look into store card or wait till BK is off your reports and try again at that time. 

Message 8 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Delta_man wrote:

You have a good credit file and seem like you have decent credit lines.  Chase has the policy,  it is what it is. Most think the 5/24 rule is overkill as well but that's how they are.

You can wait and try after your bk is removed, or go with another lender with a more lenient policy. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Have you thought of asking for early exclusion of the BK on your CRs?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.